Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the bike rack photos I promised awhile ago, at last warmer weather is back in Florida, sorry guys up north don't mean to rub it in. At last went for a bike ride and used the rack for the first time....

As you can see the rack folds down to so you can open the rear door enough to get to things. The bar that holds the 2 bikes also folds down, two very cool features about this rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks really good dude :)! Is there anything that controls the lower portion of the bicycle (particularly during braking)?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there is I just did not put it on for the photos, it's a long adjustable strap that wraps around the wheels and the tall bar on the rack ans secures the bike(s) really good even for highway speeds.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That was a MAJOR concern for me when looking at the Cubes. Where are my bikes going to go. The dealer told me there was no hitch available and so he found me a roof rack that holds one bicycle for just over $100 off a website. After I got home I found a hitch on ebay. I really wish the dealership would know their products better than they do. I may order a hitch after all. The manual says do not tow with this vehicle but I believe investing the money in a hitch and bike rack is better then attempting to mount my bike on the roof after a long bike ride. The other types fits around the back hatch but it concerns me of the weight being on the glass. Where did your hitch come from and how much?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it a t a local U-Haul dealer for $159.00 + $35 to do the install. Bike rack from a local bike dealer, the one important thing is make sure the rack fit's into the 1 1/4" hitch WITHOUT any adapter and use a BOLT to secure the rack into the hitch for a snug fit. If you just use a pin there will be way too much play. The rack I bought is from Thule and fit perfect paid a little over $200. but well worth the price for security and safety.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think the dealer didn't recommend the hitcch because the cubes are not meant to tow. Some people don't realize we aren't using it for towing. I would never put a rear hatch bike rack on ever again. They tear up the paint after a while unless your cube is always **** and span. The cubes door probably wouldn't be able to hold up a bike rack and a bike.

I just went with the roof rack. Plain and simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts