Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's probably gonna be a lot of discussion about this topic but, this is from my personal experience, I work in the aviation industry
and some of the mechanics were talking about how good Amsoil is and you don't have to change the oil as frequently. I was always a believer
in changing oil from 3k to 4k one of those things I grew up believing. I started researching Amsoil and found nothing negative about it, also
it got me educated more about car oils, I didn't know the difference between full synthetic vs 100% synthetic which Amsoil is.

Long story short I've been using Amsoil signature for the last 3 years the oil is good for 25k or one year. I've never had any issues and feels like the car
runs better with Amsoil. The fact that I didn't have to change oil only once a year was awesome. I was a skeptic until I tried it. I was brainwashed into believing oil had to be changed around 3500 miles by the auto industry.

It was really hard to fathom that I didn't have to change oil for a whole year. Its the best thing I ever did for my cube,

Now my cube is a six-speed I also went full synthetic with my manual transmission oil using red line synthetic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The 3-4000 mile oil changes are nothing but a marketing gimmick by oil change places. Most owners manuals recommend changing oil every 10-15,000 miles, depending on the make, model, and usage. Even new conventional oils today are engineered to last much longer

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's probably gonna be a lot of discussion about this topic but, this is from my personal experience, I work in the aviation industry
and some of the mechanics were talking about how good Amsoil is and you don't have to change the oil as frequently. I was always a believer
in changing oil from 3k to 4k one of those things I grew up believing. I started researching Amsoil and found nothing negative about it, also
it got me educated more about car oils, I didn't know the difference between full synthetic vs 100% synthetic which Amsoil is.

Long story short I've been using Amsoil signature for the last 3 years the oil is good for 25k or one year. I've never had any issues and feels like the car
runs better with Amsoil. The fact that I didn't have to change oil only once a year was awesome. I was a skeptic until I tried it. I was brainwashed into believing oil had to be changed around 3500 miles by the auto industry.

It was really hard to fathom that I didn't have to change oil for a whole year. Its the best thing I ever did for my cube,

Now my cube is a six-speed I also went full synthetic with my manual transmission oil using red line synthetic.
I too have a 6 speed manual. The very first thing I did was put in Mobil-1 Full Synthetic gear oil and Mobil-1 Full Synthetic motor oil. I usually go 8K miles before changing the engine oil. I could definitely go longer but since I'm retired now I drive less than 5K a year. My Cube is a 2012 with 47K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts