Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to test drive a Cube today and found out that bench seats are not available, unlike the Cube I used to own in Japan.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you could install a bench seat in the U.S. Cube or will the shift console be in the way?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I doubt Nissan would make the bench seat version substantially different than the bucket seat version. Nissan products have always been very interchangeable.

That said, where would I get my hands on a bench seat? I am guessing it would have to be ordered from someone in Japan... which would mean it is out of my price range :(

·
Registered
277 Posts
which also means the JDM passenger seat would be your driver seat, and vice versa

·
2,084 Posts
I do not think I would like the bench myself. Plus you would lose the ability to adjust up and down.

Looking at the JDM website it looks like a love seat in there all comfy, but not for me.

Also think about the seat belts and how they attach to the floor, the bench may effect mounting location.

Christine ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
there is probably no way the JDM bench seat could fit in the american version. i agree with christine, too...i don't find front bench seats appealing at all :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
actually from the looks of it, the "bench seat" looks like its teh same seats as the US version, just that the middle section is attached to the JDM drivers side. but swapping to that bench seat, you would need to find a way to add the column shifter and the foot operated parking brake

·
Registered
26 Posts
...here's a tangential question.
Has anyone tried, or does anyone know if the rear bench can be easily (relatively) removed or slid off it's rails??

I've read somewhere that an option exists to order 'without' the rear bench or the rear seatbelts/misc. I think being able to pull it out for work stuff, dogs, whatever, and slip it back in for cruisin' would be great !

·
Registered
147 Posts
Even if you could put in a bench for the front, where would you anchor the mandatory shoulder strap? The roof? And, if you don't want it for an extra passenger, then why bother? More trouble than it's worth isn't it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Milo said:
Even if you could put in a bench for the front, where would you anchor the mandatory shoulder strap? The roof? And, if you don't want it for an extra passenger, then why bother? More trouble than it's worth isn't it?
the jdm bench seat is not meant for a 3rd person, there is a center storage on it and a fold down armrest. from the looks of it, i think the seats are the same as the ones the US cubes get, just that the drivers seat has the center section attached

·
Registered
26 Posts
...aw c'mon, anyone tried to take out their back bench yet!!??
I'm really curious to know if it can be done relatively easily (slide it fore or aft off the rails, and tilt/lift out).
Thx!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
rktect2 said:
...aw c'mon, anyone tried to take out their back bench yet!!??
I'm really curious to know if it can be done relatively easily (slide it fore or aft off the rails, and tilt/lift out).
Thx!!
...just thought I'd boot this post up to the front...anyone playing around with their rear bench ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok I removed the rear seat today. Will slide off the rails. Did not attempt to take the rails off. Getting the seat out is a bit of a trick but can be done. I would not take it out unless I really needed to haul something badly and hadf no access to another form of transportation. Seat belts were a hassle to get back in place as well. I have put it back in just as if it was at the factory. My attempt at this was to see if in a pinch I needed the space how hard it would be. Not hard but time consuming which makes it a hassle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
...well thank you so much for your efforts!!
I've gotta say I was hoping it was easier to do. Still, nonetheless...the seatbelts seem to be the glitch... :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
BAL said:
Ok I removed the rear seat today. Will slide off the rails. Did not attempt to take the rails off. Getting the seat out is a bit of a trick but can be done. I would not take it out unless I really needed to haul something badly and hadf no access to another form of transportation. Seat belts were a hassle to get back in place as well. I have put it back in just as if it was at the factory. My attempt at this was to see if in a pinch I needed the space how hard it would be. Not hard but time consuming which makes it a hassle.
...quick question...so when it's out, what's left? ...the rails and seatbelt heads on the floor?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, new guy here!
I've been lurking for a bit but now that I have real info to post I decided to dive in.

For rear seat removal, I found it incredibly easy just to remove the mounting bolts (I think they were 19mm and 21mm) two front, two back. this will remove the entire seating structure. you may need a second person to get the seat out as it's not THAT heavy but it is cumbersome. the front bolts can go right back into their holes and i tosssed the rears into the cup holder. the floor isn't flat under the seat, but you will notice one bonus, there is a small cut out panel under which is another cover under which is the fuel pump. nice and easy removal!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts