Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got burned trying to buy a s cvt yesterday :no:. they increased the price and changed the amount i could put on credit card ( cash back).

so now, i'm back to looking at the s 6 speed and even considering the base. 6 speed price is better to swallow in this economy. what i liked most about the s model (but was scared of) is the light gray seats with the interior- light and airy.

base model- i remember they have black seats and the material was thinner, but i can't remember what the interior looked like with the black seats- is the interior also black/gray? i figure i'll cover the front seats with sheepskin.

anyone have interior photos of a base model?????

googling brought up s and krom models.

thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'll try and take some for you tomorrow if it isn't cloudy all day like it was today. i actually preferred the base model seat fabrics over the S and SL models my dealer had. its like a jersey-mesh covering. seats all black and full charcoal gray (almost black) plastics. the only non-black thing in the interior is the (a?)pillars that house the front tweeters. they're a very light gray.

you might want to look into the interior package even if you get the base. mine came with it. i've only looked under the floor carpets behind the driver seat when locating the tool set, and it was NOT an impressive carpet material under there. the package includes front, rear and cargo area carpets (nice looking with a wave design) with "cube" embroidered, shag dash topper, and front door handle bungees. (i put the orange bungees in and they actually add alot to the overall look, considering how small they are)

we'll see if i can get good pictures for ya.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The base upholstery is identical for the base, S, and SL models. Black and light grey are available. Many dealerships have been finding aftermarket upholsterers to expand the variety available. I believe the dash color mirrors the seat color, so black seats = black dash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just came back from a dealer that was supposed to have 3 silver and 2 white base cubes. white was all sold out and the silver has black seats and black interior. these cubes are going fast.

the salesman said "on the computer" it says the white has gray seats/interior. all other colors have black interior but can't remember what it looked like.

i looked the official nissan build a cube- but the base model defers to black interior no matter what exterior color i choose.

anyone seen a base with gray interior? otherwise i'll have to settle for black or pony up extra $$$ for the s model.

·
Registered
270 Posts
KeychainDan said:
The base upholstery is identical for the base, S, and SL models.
Nope, the S and SL have "premium cloth trim" while the base doesn't. The Krom gets its own black/gray trim.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Pearl White base model and everything is black except for the A pillars. Also a six speed which I really like.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i test drove a base model a few months back and forgot to take photos of the interior. it was nice, though! i'm not a fan of black interiors, personally, after dealing with black leather in my current car, but the base cube's fabric on the seats certainly didn't feel flimsy or anything.

call me biased, but i definitely recommend getting the 6-speed ;) and if you like one of the colors that the base model comes in, go for it!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Base cloth is just your average woven cloth. The upper models get a suede-like soft fabric with stitching detail.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the photos palaina.kawika.

i was worried it would be too dark. i just got rid of a black on black car and swore up and down- no black interior. though i love the 2 tone of the light gray seats and light interior- just not sure i can take care of it even with scotch guard. and yup- definately got to get mats for the floor.

i keep telling myself, the pearl white with the dark interior will work once i throw on beige sheepskins in the front.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i had a black car with a grey interior and said i would never buy a car with a light interior again, it shows every bit of dirt, but i love the look of black cars :yes: my cube is platinum with the black interior. once you throw the sheepskin on the seats it will lighten up the look inside. the sheepskin sounds like a great idea!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
hana said:
i had a black car with a grey interior and said i would never buy a car with a light interior again, it shows every bit of dirt, but i love the look of black cars :yes: my cube is platinum with the black interior. once you throw the sheepskin on the seats it will lighten up the look inside. the sheepskin sounds like a great idea!!!
Hi Hana
Mine must be your twin. ???
Mine is Platinum [Twilight grey in Japan paint code K21] with black [Graphite in Japan] interior.
It does not show the dirt so bad either! :yes:
Cheers,
Bryan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
palaina.kawika said:
lol mebbe we have triplets. mine is also K21 gray. and my name is also Bryan. with a Y. hahaha
At last somebody who spells "Bryan" correctly. 8)
Nice colour innit! Nice name too!

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah i keep telling one of my lifeguards (whose name is Brian) that only girls spell Bryan with an I. LOL

yeah when looking at the cubes for the first couple weeks before buying one, i knew i was getting the base model. and out of those, i though steel grey looked way better than the others. luckily i snagged the only on the lot :p

·
Registered
929 Posts
I actually like the super cheap flooring... it seems to be easier to clean than thick cut pile. But it does make the floor mats a necessity. Fortunately the OEM mats are actually really cool. Love em!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts