Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base modle cube 4 speaker system. The spot for the rear speakers are there, just empty what would happen if I threw some speakers in. I'm not much of a audio guy just wondering

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you added speakers back there, you'd have sound. Might as well swap all the speakers out though. It'd sound much better. And throw in a subwoofer while you're at it. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I thought the base 1.8 only has 2 speakers, one in each front door. The "S" two additional speakers, one in each rear door. The "SL" the addition of two tweeters, and the KROM the RF system with upgraded door speakers, tweeters and a sub. - Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
miata007 said:
I too wonder if there are wires run to the rear doors for the base model.

Mine is the "S" so it has rear speakers. But I would imagine the cube is pre-wired for speakers as it seems to be for everything else. Most mass production car makers today only make one standard wire harness, it saves money in the loing run and makes dealer installed options a snap. Although the main wiring should be in place, you still may need a "pig-tail" harness to connect the component to the main harness. - Dan

·
2,084 Posts
My Question is the head unit the same? I have read in other posts that it is not and people have gone aftermarket

I am easy and happy with my stock XM radio and Rockford setup.

·
Registered
839 Posts
ChristineK said:
My Question is the head unit the same? I have read in other posts that it is not and people have gone aftermarket

I am easy and happy with my stock XM radio and Rockford setup.
Christine,

There are different HU's used, but the harness and plug are the same. In my case the factory HU was just fine as are the speakers. The only reason I replaced my HU is because I wanted to have my GPS in dash and the ability to play .mp3 via an SD card or CD. - Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts