Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a nice Planet Audio head unit but want to upgrade OEM speakers.
My '09 is a base model with a standard 4-speaker install. I bought tweeters for the posts but they don't fit,(too deep) so I'm considering surface mounts. Anyway, there are NO manuals that describe removing door panels or wiring harness arrangements.
Also, where would I find a "used" rear subwoofer?

Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a nice Planet Audio head unit but want to upgrade OEM speakers.
My '09 is a base model with a standard 4-speaker install. I bought tweeters for the posts but they don't fit,(too deep) so I'm considering surface mounts. Anyway, there are NO manuals that describe removing door panels or wiring harness arrangements.
Also, where would I find a "used" rear subwoofer?

Thx

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a base model as well. I just put in the rear door speakers. The harness still has the connectors on them. They're just taped against the rest of the harness. The holes need to be tapped. I used a regular tap, but self tappers are fine, thats what they use at the factory. The tweeters look like they need to be wired. And the pillar liner would need some modification of the tweeter was deeper. The rear door sub you may need to source from eBay or a junk yard. Not sure about the wiring on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts