Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a few rainy days and a few floods Slidell,Louisiana finally had a sunny day, So I decided to take advantage of that by Hand washing my Superblack I used Rain-X carwash and made sure I covered all the dirty areas :sick:. Well after busting my Arse handwashing this thing I cant seem to get rid of the water spots left on the vehicle :no: :no: :no:.. Not sure if it is Due to the water quality here or maybe the liquid I used but it drove me nuts to see that... Anything out there you all can share as far as carwash liquids to use??? Maybe its time to buy a new Chamois... Sorry but just wanted to vent to my fellow Quberts! lol :)

·
2,084 Posts
Water Scale on the Super Black will be huge, hardly noticeable on my Pearl.

The only way to get the non scale is to add a filter in the mix, I have one used for RV's that is hose adapted but it may not be enough for the super black and the scale. It may not filter that far down to get scale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to agree, I def. think its the water. I guess ill have to pass on that headache to the detail shop or my son for a few bucks LOL ... He'll have to learn somehow so why not start now... LOL ! 8)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Vinegar will remove water stains/spots AND NOT HARM THE PAINT. if you get tree sap on your car.....use rubbing alcohol ... it takes if right off. Try using a micro fiber towel to dry your Cube next time..... only around $15-20 for a large one and $7. for a two pack of smaller ones. Use the big one to soak up all the water then the smaller ones to really dry it good.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash system works great for not leaving water spots.

The kit isn't really any thing special as far a car washes go. I use a bucket, Meguair's car wash liquid, and a micco fiber sponge for the wash, and the Mr. Clean Auto Dry for the rinse, the filter does a GREAT job at filtering out the rinse water. As Christine pointed out. You can also add a filter to your rinse hose. - Dan

·
2,084 Posts
If you talk to a auto detailer or a pro car show person they will tell you get a leaf blower to dry the car. I have done this but the neighbors think you are a nut!

Neighbors think I am a nut any whey so who cares. Girl changes her own oil, sure I can well pay ten times over for an oil change but I don't trust Spiffy Lube's.

·
Registered
839 Posts
ChristineK said:
If you talk to a auto detailer or a pro car show person they will tell you get a leaf blower to dry the car. I have done this but the neighbors think you are a nut!

Neighbors think I am a nut any whey so who cares. Girl changes her own oil, sure I can well pay ten times over for an oil change but I don't trust Spiffy Lube's.
Yeah man this what I like to hear, a leaf blower will certainly get the water off quickly. And a girl doing her own car stuff....be still my heart...LOL - Dan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, Christine?? that is a wonderful idea but I wont be doing it lol.. I will def. get some crazy stares from the neighbors lol. I think im going to try the microfiber towels next time and also look for the Mr. clean thing.. Thanks you guys, and yes that includes you too Christine! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Water spots are either caused by hard water, or dirty water. If you're at a car wash and don't have the time to dry it by hand, then do a quick final rinse under a setting called "spot free rinse" if it's available. A good chunk of the water used in carwashes is refiltered water from the drains. The spot free rinse utilizes fresh, filtered water and will leave your paint nice 'n clean.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but up here in Calgary we have ridonkulously hard water. Sometimes I just don't have time to wipe the car down thoroughly after a wash. If I don't give it a rinse with some clean water, the "super black" paint on my Altima Coupe becomes not-so super. It also helps if you put a good layer of wax down every month or two...

Just my $0.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts