Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently downloaded the TomTom navigation app for my iPhone 3GS. I noticed today that if you connect the iPhone to the iPod integration kit in the cube, the voice directions play through the cube's stereo speakers instead of the iPhone itself. This was a very pleasant surprise. :yes: When the voice directions come up, the music fades out slowly and then returns after the directions are given. It baffles me that you can play music and TomTom voice directions through the cube's stereo via the iPod kit but you can't run phone calls the same way. Anyone know why? Are you able to run phone calls through the speakers via the cube's headunit audio jack?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just got an iPhone 3Gs for Christmas.

What radio do you have in your SL? I have the Rockford Fosgate system with bluetooth and phone calls do go through the car's speakers. I can use the steering wheel controls to raise or lower the loudness of the incoming call. I typically run it up to max (30) but when I end the call it automatically lowers back to the "regular" level of the previous source I was listening to before the call. Nice.

Once I connect to the Cube's iPod port with a converter that also lets the 3Gs charge, the phone "locks" down into iPod mode and the screen becomes inactive. I would rather listen to the Pandora app instead of the iPod but don't see a workaround for this other than going through the Cube's aux. port and thus lose steering wheel control and charging.

So, I think your GPS program is using the iPod connection and not bluetooth. Your phone requires bluetooth to go through the speakers.

While plugged into the iPod connection, will the GPS app bring down, say, an FM radio or CD audio signal when it is time to give a voice command?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Negative, I don't have the preferred package so I don't have Bluetooth and the steering wheel controls (although I wish I did). The GPS app definitely plays exclusively through the iPod connection / car speakers. I'm pretty sure you can play Pandora and phone calls through the headunit's audio jack but they definitely won't work through the iPod connection. I just wanted some confirmation :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts