Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw that its $110 installed at the dealer. Anyone have it? What's it sound like? Got a video or audio clip?

·
2,084 Posts
I want one! If you Google (Nissan Sports Horn) or look for it in dealer parts you cannot find it. The Google search leads to a bunch of junk.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mistah, how bout that sound clip?! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! Thanks! So is this horn mounted in your Cube right inside the hood? I didn't think the horn was so visible?

·
2,084 Posts
I found a self contained air horn that is 139db, hear the audio of this one. It is $34.00 with shipping.

http://www.wolo-mfg.com/419-519-stereo.wav

That will get you off the phone and a dropped call. :yes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jeeeezus ...

CK That's just obnoxious... BTW, I love it... My Uncle a former train engineer would even be more impressed...

·
2,084 Posts
Exactly, such a small design, yet so loud and attention getting. I love it!

This big sound from such a small vehicle. Dropped call, you will pull a Maria Shriver. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
thnx bjball4jc.. you save me some time.. although i think it doesnt do it justice with those small little bursts of sound haha

it comes with 2 horns.. a high tone and a low tone.. one mounts where the stock one is and it does peek a bit below the opening below the hood.. the other is mounted closer to the lower bumper..

·
Registered
175 Posts
ChristineK said:
I found a self contained air horn that is 139db, hear the audio of this one. It is $34.00 with shipping.
Question: The Wolo site says it hooks to existing horn wires, but in that photo, I see a relay. That implies the need for a small gauge (large diameter) wire hooked to the battery or other high current source. Most air horns pull too much current to use the existing horn button directly, thus the need for a power relay. Did you use the relay? A little more work but not bad. I've done several of these and usually add a small lug to the battery terminal to get full power.

·
2,084 Posts
That is a nice catch armadillo,

I assumed all these compressor run would have an relay but like you said it does state stock wire only install.
I also found 2 versions that look identical, one is 118db and the one I picture above is 139db. So I went looking to see if that was the difference and no again, both versions are direct wire from that manufacturer.

I would be thinking a few fuses might get blown but then again it is a tiny compressor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ChristineK said:
I installed the WOLO Bad Boy (35.99 at Amazon). Once you figure out how to get the grille out it is not too bad. It BARELY fits if you put it in at the correct angle and use the bracket from the stock horn to bolt to the stock horn location. It IS loud, but not obnoxious and it has a dual tone. I did not use the relay, just the stock Cube connectors (+ and -). No problems so far.

·
2,084 Posts
avanti5010 said:
I installed the WOLO Bad Boy (35.99 at Amazon). Once you figure out how to get the grille out it is not too bad. It BARELY fits if you put it in at the correct angle and use the bracket from the stock horn to bolt to the stock horn location. It IS loud, but not obnoxious and it has a dual tone. I did not use the relay, just the stock Cube connectors (+ and -). No problems so far.
Did you get the 118db or the 139db version? Are you running the stock grille? I have the T-Rex so I may have more or less room there, I will have to compare both. Thanks for the information, I think this is a good alternative to the Nissan Sports horn version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it is the stock grille. I am not aware of a 139db version. There are only 2 Bad Boys on Wolo's site, both 118db. The only difference is that one is chrome plated.

·
2,084 Posts
If you Google Wolo 519, it is listed almost everywhere as 139 but follow 519 back to the manufacturer it is indeed 118. Interesting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts