Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Pioneer AVIC-X910BT installed, and I thought you might like to see pics of the antennas and camera. The camera comes on when I put it into reverse, and I can also turn it on whenever I am driving.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
How's the camera view from that high up?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a very wide angle lens, so it's fine. They recommend putting it up high - don't even mention a lower location. I'd be afraid of damage down lower. Set as it is, I can see the rear bumber and straight back down the road. There is a procedure to follow to set the guidelines that appear in the monitor, but I haven't done that yet. It's very adjustable. As a matter of fact, you can put it all the way over to one side, and you will still get a view straight back.

Jerry

·
2,084 Posts
If you had the spoiler it would probabbly be alot more hidden. Kind of under the spoiler, or maybe mod it into the spoiler for a complete stealth look.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have never had a rear view camera and was contemplating buying the add-on camera that goes to my stereo. Never realized how good the view would be although I guess it makes sense to use a wide-angle lens.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Christine, with the spoiler, it would be virtually invisible - and well protected.

I got the better ($$) Pioneer camera because it is adjustable and has some sort of guide lines on the screen, although I haven't adjusted it yet. That involves going to a parking lot and getting into a parking space - maybe today. I took the Cube out last night, and the camera is fantastic. At night, it looks like day. I can turn the camera on while I am driving forward and check out the view behind me.

When I bought the camera, it came with a free Boyo license plate mounted camera, so I'll have to find a use for that. The online revews for Boyo are not very good, and I'll have to buy a monitor if I want to use it on another car.

Also, I have the backup sonar that I removed when I added the camera to the Cube. I'm going to put that on the front of the car for tight parking situations.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts