Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have the Z12 cube with the 1.5L CVT. When I try to start it nothing happens. Key works and is detected, steering lock is disabled and works fine.

Battery: 13.4V
Bridged starter solenoid and bench tested it too, works 100% ok
Sounds like fuel pump primes when ignition is switched on
Brake pedal works - light comes on and instrument cluster light detects it
Tried starting in P and N, still no start
Checked all fuses
Checked IPDM starter control relay - has 12V with ignition on. Starter motor is 0V when I push the start button with brake pedal engaged.

I noticed when I bridge the starter to crank the tachometer shows nothing. Potential CPS fault too?
Not sure what else to check. Where is the actual starter motor relay? I can't find it.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, update on this. I traced the wiring back to the IPDM which wasn't supplying voltage to the ECM. I jumped the ECM power supply PIN to the battery directly and it started right up! Have a replacement IPDM on the way. If it still doesn't supply voltage then it could be something upstream of the IPDM - BCM maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, update on this. I traced the wiring back to the IPDM which wasn't supplying voltage to the ECM. I jumped the ECM power supply PIN to the battery directly and it started right up! Have a replacement IPDM on the way. If it still doesn't supply voltage then it could be something upstream of the IPDM - BCM maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which one of the many contact PINs on the 2011 Nissan Cube ECM is the positive post? I would like to do as you did and run a jumper from the ECM power supply PIN to the battery directly to see if it will start. I have had the ECM repaired and it tests good by the Computer repair business. When I plug in the OBM Reader, the code states: "failed to make contact with ECM unit".

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Russ, I had the same problem. I being a girl thought it was the battery so I bought a new one it didn't help had everything tested it was fine, at that point I wanted to trash it cause this went on for 6 months being that my mechanic was so booked. But you know what it turned out to be the fuse block connector and after that no problem starts every time. My cube is also a 2011. They said Nissan put the fuse block to close to battery. Any way I hope this helps. Paula Calloway Lenoir NC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.