Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, what is it...when my Cube (Bitter Chocolate) is the most RADICAL color available in the entire Cincinnati, Ohio area...what has America come to? My first Nissan, 2005 Copper Sunburst with Cabernet leather...was STRIKING, what has HAPPENED to us? We have gone monochrome? I mean, come ON! You can't FIND cars ANYWHERE here in the new car market in Cincinnati that aren't black, white, or 3 shades of gray! Sheesh, have we lost our colorful souls here!? I KNOW they make cars in colors that sell, but don't tell me only white, black and 3 shades of gray CUBES only sell!

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
44 Posts
They say in bad economies people are very conservative in color choices. They worry about resale and tend to shy away from trendy colors. By the way my cube is white, but I really liked the carribean blue. None were available in my area at time of purchase.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Scarlet Red FTW! :D

·
2,084 Posts
In my area you can have any Cube you like so long as it is Brown! :no: Every Nissan Dealer has a brown one ready for the plucking.

The colored ones are available in S stripped or SL with Ginormouse, no middle road except for brown.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my Caribbean Blue SL 2 weeks ago -- Yipee! :) -- I waited almost FOUR MONTHS to get that blue and LOVE it! EVERYONE who sees it comments on the great color. Around here, I could have had white, silver or black IMMEDIATELY -- I guess the "safe" colors sell easier. Blue is and has always been my favorite color, so that's what I held out for!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blues are my favorite color too, but my Cube is pearl. The bland interior colors beg for some personalization and customization. I customized my first car as a teenager, but after that I wasn't really tempted until the Cube. Take a look at all the fun things people are doing - decals and paint, and interior work. It doesn't need to be expensive to pop. I'm having a ball with mine - not only driving it, but adding a few surprising personal touches. Statistically, silver and white vehicles have been the best-selling colors for several years, much like gray was in the 1980s. So, if you can't beat 'em, have fun dressing up your Cube. What would you like to do first?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moved from Cleveland, OH to Cincinnati, OH, 250 miles south, and NO Lake Erie snow effect...one positive thing in fall/winter, is that there are SUNNY days. So, yesterday, I noticed, in the bright fall sun, that my Bitter Chocolate Cube has "gold flecK' and "purple" undertones to the paint. Is this just my imagination?

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
929 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
I noticed, in the bright fall sun, that my Bitter Chocolate Cube has "gold flecK' and "purple" undertones to the paint. Is this just my imagination?
It's true! The brown is really amazing, especially when the setting sun hits it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our local dealer was the same way and ALL their Cubes were White, Black and the Grays. I ordered a Caribbean Blue Pearl from another dealer and it is suppsed to be in by the end of the month. Our local dealer finally got in a Blue and Red but they are 2009's and mine is a 2010 that is coming..

·
Registered
464 Posts
The area I live in has ALL the colors, of course it's tropical place kind of so the choices are great here, big bummer in other states the choice is not there.... like one person said on here ADD color to your Cubes, stripes, color interior lights, seat covers with color or just throw a bucket of a bright color paint on it let it dry over night and you have instant Cube Art! there are a few people in my area who actually do something close to that... they hand paint new cars with wild designs and bright colors.... some actually look good... not really for me..... I added Bright colorful Hawaiian print head rest covers to my cube and will be adding BLUE LED lights in the dome and overhead lights and even the license plate lights.will post more photos soon... :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
So, yesterday, I noticed, in the bright fall sun, that my Bitter Chocolate Cube has "gold flecK' and "purple" undertones to the paint. Is this just my imagination?

Regards,

Big
Nope, I don't think it's your imagination. The gold fleck and purple undertones in the Bitter Chocolate paint is exactly why my Cube is Steel Gray.

·
2,084 Posts
Ice Blue said:
Our local dealer was the same way and ALL their Cubes were White, Black and the Grays. I ordered a Caribbean Blue Pearl from another dealer and it is suppsed to be in by the end of the month. Our local dealer finally got in a Blue and Red but they are 2009's and mine is a 2010 that is coming..
So do tell what are the difference in the 2010?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts