Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this laying around and decided to install after giving the OEM iPod integration a fair shot. It was just too agravating to operate from the HU. I've used it before and really liked having the ablility to control the iPod with a wireless remote and having the album artwork on the color screen. These units are obsolete, but work well. Just no charging of your iPod due to the old design (Firewire vs. USB). The Alpine had a bit of whine on my previous car, but quiet as a mouse in the Cube. You can find these units for around $50. They are plug and play-just plug into power outlet and to the Aux input on the HU. Stick the color screen where you want it. I hid the small control box and extra wires under the passenger seat. I put the screen near the shift lever and keep the remote in the cubby beside the on/off button. I'll get a picture tomorrow if anybody wants to see it installed. Note: I do get a occasional error when starting the car, but all you have to do is disconnect the iPod and reconnect and the Alpine "finds" the iPod and all is well (happens about every 15-20 starts).

BTW, my first original post. Pick up our Cube on 11/21. We looked at the Cube last and ended up liking it best almost immediately over the Element, Soul, xB. My wife still isn't wild about the asymetrical styling. She likes things to be symetrical (it's the Geometry teacher in her!)

Regards,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts