Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you thinking of adding the auto light function to your cube you're in luck. I had my glovebox out today looking for a better place for my GPS antenna. While I had my head under there I looked to see if there were any connector plugs there without a home. Well, like the fog light additions it too should be plug-N-play. The plug is taped up to the main harness just like the connector for the fogs. So all you'll need is the optical sensor, the correct housing, and the correct turn signal stalk with the auto switch on it. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Square1 said:
For those of you thinking of adding the auto light function to your cube you're in luck. I had my glovebox out today looking for a better place for my GPS antenna. While I had my head under there I looked to see if there were any connector plugs there without a home. Well, like the fog light additions it too should be plug-N-play. The plug is taped up to the main harness just like the connector for the fogs. So all you'll need is the optical sensor, the correct housing, and the correct turn signal stalk with the auto switch on it. - Dan
Wow, great to know that. Now how do we get a hold of the sensor and housing ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beat_box said:
Square1 said:
For those of you thinking of adding the auto light function to your cube you're in luck. I had my glovebox out today looking for a better place for my GPS antenna. While I had my head under there I looked to see if there were any connector plugs there without a home. Well, like the fog light additions it too should be plug-N-play. The plug is taped up to the main harness just like the connector for the fogs. So all you'll need is the optical sensor, the correct housing, and the correct turn signal stalk with the auto switch on it. - Dan
Wow, great to know that. Now how do we get a hold of the sensor and housing ?
Part number for the light sensor is: 28576-1HH0A lists for $117.17
Part number for the bezel (housing is: 27721-5L300 lists for 22.00
Part number for the sun sensor is: 68486-1FC3A lists for $12.83

Keep in mind that you will also need the TS Stalk and I’m not sure of the part number, but I think it’s 25560-1AA0A which is for the LS and KROM without Fogs and lists for $138.22. If you have fogs and want to add auto lights I believe the part number is 25560-JV51A and lists for 102.17. These numbers will have to be confirmed with Nissan.

When I bought my fog light kit I got one for a cube with auto lights. So I’m already set. Just need to get the light sensor….in due time.

Also from what I understand the cubes equipped with auto lights are also equipped with automatic temperature control, so the bezel they sell is for mounting both the light sensor as well as the sun sensor. I think what I’m going to do when I do this add on, I’m just going to get the light sensor and modify my current blank off plate that’s covering the opening now. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
mynissanparts.com Has the sensor for $95. Let me know how this works out. I really want to do it if it means I'll have automatic lights again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I did a part number search on the first page earlier today. I just tried to do it again and the site crashed. As soon as I have it though, I'll edit this and post the link.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I'll take the part number as well - same here on the site crashing... But eBay and others are marvelous at part numbers...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Part number for the light sensor is: 28576-1HH0A
Part number for the bezel housing is: 27721-5L300
Part number for the sun sensor is: 68486-1FC3A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
and jeez - Dan had posted those above... Guess I missed his reply earlier... My Bad...

Thanks to both... Now for the mynissanparts site to work again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
claancy said:
Has anyone actually added the sensor and confirmed that this retrofit actually activates the automatic lights?
Anybody? I'd like to buy the fog lights for my cube and do this mod at the same time if it works...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Ordering today bankstonnissanparts.com is down the street $3.00 for in person pick up.....thanks DAN. It is good to know the connectors are all there. I wanted a Manual SL......curse you nissan.

Dan......what do you mean by automatic temperature control. I just want the damn outside temp that I see missing in the gauge cluster.

Also ordering fogs with auto lights fucking sweet.....

kenny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
ordered fogs with auto ($162.00 shipped) from bestdeal99 and pieces mentioned from DAN for $135.17 from bankstonnissanparts.com hopefully will all get here by middle of next week.

kenny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
killercube said:
ordered fogs with auto ($162.00 shipped) from bestdeal99 and pieces mentioned from DAN for $135.17 from bankstonnissanparts.com hopefully will all get here by middle of next week.

kenny
Great! :yes: Let us know if everything works as expected...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
What I like about this auto system is the fact that you can turn it on and off. With an always-on system, the lights turn on when you start the car in the garage and then turn on again when you put the car back into the garage. I think these lights also turn on when you use the wipers - something that is becoming law in many states.

While driving in FL, I saw signs that said you must use your wipers and lights in the rain. I thought it was funny that they made it a law to use your wipers in the rain.

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Got my package from best deal yesterday ordered Friday just waiting for my auto light pieces from bankston Nissan expecting to get it Friday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
everything is here will begin install today depending if I have time. Will try to remember to take pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Looked under there with the misses for a good two hours and couldn't find an empty connector other than a brown one when you first remove the glove box but didnt fit so I am at a loss if you could post a pic dan that would be great so for now some 6 spds no bueno on auto lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
killercube said:
Looked under there with the misses for a good two hours and couldn't find an empty connector other than a brown one when you first remove the glove box but didnt fit so I am at a loss if you could post a pic dan that would be great so for now some 6 spds no bueno on auto lights.
I'll drop my glove box tomorrow and see if I can get a picture of the pigtail and connector I saw under there. I have no idea if it's actually the connector for the light sensor or not. I just figured that's what it's for since I can't think of anything else it could be for. But you never know. - Dano
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dropped my glove box and the only loose plug I found is indeed a brown one. So I'm going to have to try digging into this a little deeper. I looked around and read through all the optional equipment and the only thing missing from the passenger side dash is the HL sensor(s) so I can't think of anything else this plug could be for. Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram for the Cube. - Dano
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top