Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a intelligent key pushbutton and as much as I love it I miss the ability to turn the key just enough to put the car in accessory mode to have my stereo on without having the vehicle on.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have accessory mode on with the intelligent key?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks for the info :) figures its something super easy lol but hey now i know

·
2,084 Posts
I know sometime it kills you right? Trying to figure something out looking at the book and not finding the answer only to find out how simple it was.

This was kinda like finding out how to remove the side turn signals, it was easy but hard too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to cut the engine and go into accessory mode? I'm always on the phone, so when I park I want to cut the engine, but remain talking on the bluetooth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spazbiohaz said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to cut the engine and go into accessory mode? I'm always on the phone, so when I park I want to cut the engine, but remain talking on the bluetooth.
Double tap the Engine button really quick and you will turn off the car and the accessories power remains on. It's tricky & needs a little bit practice.
Cheers

·
2,084 Posts
I was driving thru the parking lot at work doing about 5mph and I went to turn on the radio and instead hit the start button and the engine turned off wile everything else remained on. I did not think that possible wile moving but I sure did kill the engine wile moving.

I got flustered and did not have the car in park so the engine would not star again until I realized I needed to move the shifter to park. Duh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yamamoto said:
Double tap the Engine button really quick and you will turn off the car and the accessories power remains on. It's tricky & needs a little bit practice.
Cheers
Oh man, got the timing down on my second try. Thanks a bunch,

·
Registered
175 Posts
ChristineK said:
I was driving thru the parking lot at work doing about 5mph and I went to turn on the radio and instead hit the start button and the engine turned off wile everything else remained on. I did not think that possible wile moving but I sure did kill the engine wile moving.

I got flustered and did not have the car in park so the engine would not star again until I realized I needed to move the shifter to park. Duh.
Christine... when did you do this??? any possibility that this could have effected/caused the tranny issues you were having?

·
Registered
91 Posts
and THIS is why god created a search button :)

Also wanted to know how to turn the engine off and into Accessory :)

(Had a driveway moment listening to NPR, and didn't want to run the engine for 15 minutes)

·
Registered
43 Posts
someone asked me...what happens if you push the button when the car is already running...does it make a crunch sound on the starter....I told em .....Uhhhhh ....No......it shuts off......

·
2,084 Posts
artreyman said:
someone asked me...what happens if you push the button when the car is already running...does it make a crunch sound on the starter....I told em .....Uhhhhh ....No......it shuts off......
That actually was a good question, with an actual key it will engage the starter solenoid and the metal shaving will start to build up!

We have had several question and answer session on the forum about the Intelli key system and it has always been thought of by the designers.

The last question I want answered if there is an issue with the engine does the stater keep trying to start the car or does it quit like it does now in about one second. If it does keep turning over, for how long. I imagine this will get answered soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts