Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 14 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the cube yesterday for the first time I was impressed :yes:. . . but now that I've been going over the math I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. Once I'm done with cube S W/CVT mudflaps & An alarm the car will sticker @ 16,660$ (Invoice @ 16,047$). If the dealer I pre-ordered @ is willing to sell me one at this cost The car with tax & tags will then cost ~18,500 & that's not including Doc Fees & advertising fees, Which if the dealer is gonna tack on Such fees ( I was told 398$ is their usual) ,and as the ad fees are assessed from Nissan,they are still an unknown :-\ .This simple car will crash thru my upper ceiling and blast past 19$k :no:.I wish the dealer wasn't playing so coy the last time we spoke claiming he hadn't yet gotten his pricing and so couldn't say. . But are you folks out there willing to pay a premium to be an early owner? Are you people expecting discounts? Or do you think for the first few months, its gonna be price gouging galore? I'm now thinking about another car that fits my bill of ^ Mpg ,& ^ utility but wont blast past that 18,500 mark.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I've gathered the dealers aren't ordering that many. The car that I've planned on getting was added into the dealers may allotment, and they did so 'cause they didn't order the full # that they could. I'm thinking its gonna be sparse pickings out there for the first month or two @ least. I'm also thinking they % chance of my getting a cube (this year) has fallen from 90% > 15%.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today I went with plan "B" an 08 Scion xD bought as a CPO W/ 10k miles. Out the door it was comfortably less than the cube's MSRP. Which, when I went to the Nissan dealer and did talk price they told me that there would be NO wiggle room down from.The cube was my goal car but the #'s just didn't work for me. I guess I now have a plan "C" , if in 2 years I'm not happy W/ the Scion it should still have kept enough its cost to apply towards the cube I'll want then.

1 - 3 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.