Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on motortrend.com, and was reading that Nissan is now recalling a few of their Trucks and Suvs.

"Three recall campaigns have been issued by Nissan today, according to the NHTSA. The recalls center around potential braking system issues in certain trucks and minivans, as well as inaccurate fuel gauges in certain trucks and SUVs."

http://wot.motortrend.com/6618022/r...edal-pin-flaky-fuel-gauge-readings/index.html

Now I have had an issue (still do, on and off though...strange) with the fuel gage, I fill up my tank, the nozzle clicks, I get back in and there is still a little "bar" missing. I am pretty sure some people have posted something relating to this before( I have too). The dealer replaced the fuel sensor once, still had the issue and went back. They said it was fine.

Any of you dealing with this or have before? Hopefully the brake problem won't reach the cube.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That missing bar would be really annoying. I just got my cube so I haven't had that many fill ups (also due to the great gas mileage), but I'll definitely keep an eye out to see what my gauge does and what Nissan does. Thanks for the heads up!

tC

·
Registered
315 Posts
That recall has been out for about a week or so, but the cube is not included in this recall... however, there are several ppl on this forum who are dealing with erroneous readings on their fuel gauge. So far, those who have taken the car to the dealer have had the fuel gauge sending unit replaced and that seemed to solve the issue.

As far as the brake pin thing goes, that only applies to some models, it looks like just the trucks and SUV's.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just made my first oil Chang appointment and there are 3 recalls on my Cube. I don't know what they are exactly. I'll know Friday when it goes in. Funny Friday morning I have to take my Subaru Impreza in for a recall on a one way valve in the gas tank. Looks like a total recall Friday Ya. No big deal its free, can be expected on the first model year. My Impreza was missing a oil gasket when I got it in 06. Ya that was a suprise. It was a new make over in 06 plus they added variable valve timing to the engine. That's the gasket I was missing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i hope theres no more recalls for the cube. I never even went in for my door handles. I didnt too much to my cube i dont wanna bring it into the dealers lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
I started having the fuel gauge problem recently too. maybe I should take it in.

and there are open recalls on the cube right now? I didn't know that. should I take mine in and mention that too?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Carsrmylife-Well there are some recalls on certain nissan trucks, and suv's, no cars or cubes were mentioned. I just figured I would post this info seeing as I also am having a faulty fuel gage reader like some of the suv's nissan posted a recall for, and maybe, hopefully not, some of you are as well.

Only time will tell if these or other recalls are going to spread to other nissan model drivers, look at what happened to toyota :no:. Knowledge is POWER. I don't know where I heard that...seemed fitting. :roll:...

PS- The only recalls that were out for the cube were for the REAR DOOR HANDLE and for THE NUT USED TO SECURE THE SENSOR-TRANSMITTER OF THE TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS).

·
Registered
2 Posts
:sick:
I have had the TPMS recall fixed and the door handles. About 2 mths ago my brakes started squealing loudly, after bringing it in a month ago they said nothing was wrong, that i just ride my brakes. Brought it in again this week and they said a notice had been released 5 days after i brought my cube in the first time saying the brakes in a whole bunch of Cubes and Versas were bad, so they fixed those for free. Frankly I'm pretty sick of all the things that have gone wrong with my new car in the 10 mths I have owned it. Whats next? They havent even sent out a notice to owners about the bad brakes. I also hear a squeaking from my wheels when im driving very slow, as in parking slow. They think I'm crazy. So now I'm waiting to see if another notice is released saying what the reason for that is.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hey guys

I just wanted to let you all know that anyone with a 2009 model are basically guinea pigs. That was the first year the Nissan cube came out in mass quantities so we all should expect some small/minor bugs with the car. This is why most car companies change things on newer years to fix the first few bugs. Don't get discouraged about having problems with your cube. You bought knowing it was a brand new car for the mass market. So basically do not worry about any problems. Nissan will fix them if it needs be
Sorry for the rant....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Chompsticks,
I usually try to avoid complete new models but since the cube is based of the Versa, I didn't mind. I don't expect the cube to have major/completely surprise recall due to this reason.

On the other hand when Nissan brought out their first FM cars (Z, G35). I waited couple of years before getting our G35. Has been pretty reliable so far other than some creaks and rattles which Nissan are know to have.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yea, this was the first car we have bought that was completely new and there are a few kinks that have been worked out. We have had previous Nissan related vehicles before ie. 2 Quest, QX4, FX35, M35, altima, I will say we have never had a problem with any of those cars, but none of them were 1st year models either.

But yea the 1st year model may have kinks after the first hurdle everything should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About that last bar of the fuel gauge. After the pump clicks off the first time, retract the nozzle a little and pump again until it clicks again. Listen to it filling as well to ensure it doesn't go too far as too overflow. It works for me. The last bar then lights up.
ASH

·
Registered
671 Posts
Please folks, much as we would prefer it to be otherwise, recalls are actually pretty typical in the marketplace. Personally, I'd prefer a recall be issued than to have a genuine issue go uncorrected. Recalls can cover a wide range of problems, from fairly low key to fairly striking, but as long as the manufacturers are doing a reasonable job of identifying and resolving issues, I find it hard to be too critical. As you allknow, the auto industry is highly competitive and the technological complexity has become remarkably high relative to the off-the-floor vehicle prices (which are still high to me :(). It would surely be nicest if no recalls were needed, but given the world we live in, let's be grateful for them when they occur -- you know they're not a light decision on the part of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About the brakes,
I had the same problem. Let me guess, it's coming from the rear brakes right? They're glazed because they were/are dragging due to the parking brake adjustment being off. They'll squealed like hell when coming to a slow, gradual stop.
They thought I was driving with the parking brake on but later came and told me they found out what was going on. It was fixed no charge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fuel gage top bar - I find that my top bar doesn't light if I stop at the first "click" of the gas pump. I wait a sec after first click and then turn the pump on again at slow speed and get at least an extra half gallon in her. Then the top bar lights. Need to get as much gas in her as possible as range is crappy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
At about 28 mpg how is range crappy. I can go about 300 miles on a trip with a few rest stops. IN town I drive for two weeks between fill ups?

·
Registered
671 Posts
hoosier cubed said:
Fuel gage top bar - I find that my top bar doesn't light if I stop at the first "click" of the gas pump. I wait a sec after first click and then turn the pump on again at slow speed and get at least an extra half gallon in her. Then the top bar lights. Need to get as much gas in her as possible as range is crappy.
Hi all :)! Please go easy on filling your tank! If you overfill, then you run the risk of wrecking your charcoal evaporation filter and having to replace it. That definitely costs more than having to more frequently fill your tank to avoid the low indicator coming on. My personal approach is to add fuel until the automatic cutoff kicks out, and then raise it to the next tenth gallon (more convenient for calculating my mpg :)). Do Not overfill, it only risks taking more dollars out of your pocket :(!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I too recently experienced loud squeals of the rear brakes in my cube. It only happens a few times so far at high speed like slow from 50mph to 40 mph. At slower speed (below 35 mph), don't hear a thing. I can't get it to duplicate noise though ...it quite random now.
My cube is at 11500 miles.

Regarding to mileage/tank, 300 miles is not very good # for me. In previous car/other car (both infiniti), I get close to 350 miles to 400 miles per tank. That means I only have to fuel up once a week on the weekend. For the cube, I always have to fuel up once during the weekday when I am usually rushing to get to work or get home. I max I can ever put in the cube is 10.05 gallon.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I am still having that issue with the fuel gage, I didn't even BOTHER bringing it up to the service dept. Obvously you can just add a little more gas after the click of the nozzle, but thats not the point. I understand that not every new car is going to come out perfect, they are man-made after all, but if there is a problem, then they (the company) should fix it, no?

I took it in for them to check out the squeeling brakes, and of course I could not duplicate the darn sound. I have taken it THREE times to them to fix the problem, and I say fix because I KNOW there is a problem, but of course, they don't squeel at the service dept. :mad:

I was told that when I had time,and when they started screeching, to go in and let them hear it so they could locate where it's coming from... :sick:ugh

I have to add though, that the dealership/ service dept. I go to isn't terrible, it just bothers me (a lot) that they can't just actually go in there and FIX the problem, maybe they think I just take pleasure in coming up with false complaints and bugging them with 'em?

Sorry, had to vent a little

1 - 20 of 24 Posts