Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So cool to find this site.

I'm interested in buying a Cube, but have a lot of questions. I haven't test driven one yet, but soon. I've been driving a VW New Beetle for 4.5 years now, but the car is eight years old and starting to show it's wear. I am *VERY* attached to my car, so selling it is going to be hard.

I've been doing a lot of research on the Cube, but I'm most interested in hearing opinions from those who OWN it and have driven it for awhile.

If anyone can answer any/all of my questions, I'd be oh-so-grateful. :)

1) Is there any chance the Cube will come with a sunroof anytime soon? I really, really, really want one!

2) How is the interior fabric? I have to admit, it looks like it's not going to hold up very long. I'm not exactly a small or lightweight person, so I wonder about that seat material lasting very long.

3) How's highway noise? I keep hearing that there's a bit more noise than usual in the Cube on the highway. What's your take?

4) What are the RPMs on the Cube when driving 70 or so on the highway?

5) Any regrets? ;)

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it. ;D

·
Registered
157 Posts
<<<at 55 mph you have 2500 on the tac this i know for sure >>
i want to say 3000 is around 70 + or - i would have to go and look.
i have the 6 speed .
<<IMHO
interior fabric i think it's OK. only time will tell im big and heavy to
i think a test ride is going to tell you about the wind noise .
there is some but not like the 2001 Freightliner i drive
for the most part i jam out so its not a factor to me >>
and the sun roof lol imho i will never have another sun roof in my life.
your going to have to wait.
like all the other that want one.
If the 2010 comes with it.
you should go and take a test drive.
make sure you get some were you can make some high speed turns .
and get it on the high way

5) Any regrets? Wink ya the horn its not loud at all

·
Registered
157 Posts
:no:
what color was you thinking about
the bitter chocolate
and Caribbean Blue
i wish the car lot had one in stock to look at when i had got my scarlet red

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cube-in said:
:no:
what color was you thinking about
the bitter chocolate
and Caribbean Blue
i wish the car lot had one in stock to look at when i had got my scarlet red
I would be considering the chocolate or the super black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When my husband called from the dealership and asked me to come over, I hadn't seen a Cube yet. Neat car and he wanted it, so the salesman wrote it up. When we took it for a drive I fell absolutely in love with the Cube. So much in love that I actually stole it from my DH. Surprisingly little road noise.

When we were at another dealership looking at Cube #2, a very large man and his wife began asking us about the Cube we already had. He was afraid it would be uncomfortable for him, and we suggested that he just drive one. (He bought the bitter choc on the lot. Salesman was very happy. This left the silver one for us, which was our preference.)

The upholstery material could probably be better, but it serves its purpose. Because I sometimes have a dog or two riding with me, I made seat covers that won't interfere with the side airbags. This should prolong the life of the upholstery fabric, and I got a pattern/color that's really fun. Like some others here, I wouldn't give you 5 cents for another sunroof.

fotomoto has the best advice - I dare ya to just drive one. Let us know what you think, okay?

·
Registered
464 Posts
First of all I would look at OTHER brands of cars. I just purchased a Cube a few weeks ago and on this forum discovered they already are having recalls, tire sensor nuts, rear door handles, steering control issues, rear brake problems, and God knows what else. I called Nissan North America about these issues and they could care less and keep telling me they will call back and yet no return phone calls yet after three days. So I suggest spend your money else where or buy mine it's up for sale. I refuse to own a lemon from Japan. I can see this if it were General Motors or another USA company.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TropicalCube said:
First of all I would look at OTHER brands of cars. I just purchased a Cube a few weeks ago and on this forum discovered they already are having recalls, tire sensor nuts, rear door handles, steering control issues, rear brake problems, and God knows what else. I called Nissan North America about these issues and they could care less and keep telling me they will call back and yet no return phone calls yet after three days. So I suggest spend your money else where or buy mine it's up for sale. I refuse to own a lemon from Japan. I can see this if it were General Motors or another USA company.
Thanks for the tip. I do have other cars to check out (Kia Soul, Honda Fit, Scion xD). Also, I'd wait for the 2010s if I got a Cube.

I'm so sorry to hear that Nissan has been crappy in terms of customer service. That's not good!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cubeski said:
When my husband called from the dealership and asked me to come over, I hadn't seen a Cube yet. Neat car and he wanted it, so the salesman wrote it up. When we took it for a drive I fell absolutely in love with the Cube. So much in love that I actually stole it from my DH. Surprisingly little road noise.

When we were at another dealership looking at Cube #2, a very large man and his wife began asking us about the Cube we already had. He was afraid it would be uncomfortable for him, and we suggested that he just drive one. (He bought the bitter choc on the lot. Salesman was very happy. This left the silver one for us, which was our preference.)

The upholstery material could probably be better, but it serves its purpose. Because I sometimes have a dog or two riding with me, I made seat covers that won't interfere with the side airbags. This should prolong the life of the upholstery fabric, and I got a pattern/color that's really fun. Like some others here, I wouldn't give you 5 cents for another sunroof.

fotomoto has the best advice - I dare ya to just drive one. Let us know what you think, okay?
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. Seat covers could work.

I still really want a sunroof. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
TropicalCube said:
WOW Dude, calm down... Got to remember, the TPMS recall affects numerous years and other vehicles as well, so not like this is cube specific (I do agree, all US cars should be fixed - and something tells me common sense will prevail here). Door handles, so far we have had one person mention this - can't find anything regarding it myself, have you checked with your dealer directly? Steering control issues???? Rear brakes - they are drums, and hate to say it - but there can be a fine line of adjustment and if you look back, Nissan took care of that person after some review. So, I think the "sky is falling" thoughts are possibly a bit over the edge. Especially for a car you have "loved so much and had so much fun modding" - and continue to want to do so with new grill, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mind the negative input. We see it all the time on the New Beetle site. I still have a lot of learning to to before I make my decision.

·
Registered
464 Posts
OK so I over reacted a bit, I will chill after hearing from my dealer and not Nissan that NOT all sensor nuts are bad. According to my dealer there were a batch (who knows how many?) of bad tire sensor nuts used on the Cube's. You can find out through your dealer by checking your VIN number if the inferior nuts were used on your Cube or not, they were NOT used on my Cube. However my dealer told me according to my VIN number my right rear door handle is a inferior one used in assembly and could possibly break and I was told my dealer will replace it, they have door replacement door handles in stock for the Cubes that have inferior door handles. So this tells me it is not a isolated issue. Check with your dealer to see if your handles are inferior or not. According to my dealer everything else is fine on my Cube according to any recall issue, so you might say MY Cube has a clean bill of health after replacing the door handle. I over reacted since I sunk my heart and soul into this car and then learned it may be defective. On with the mods...

·
2,084 Posts
If you dissected the post about the brakes, it is not what it seems in my opinion and more one of a dealer being nice and not telling someone to lay off the breaks during break in.
I could be wrong, but I too have glazed a set of new pads.

Cars are built by imperfect people so by that nature they are an imperfect tool, we usually get it right but you will always find a few that were made on a Monday.

Not every ride is for every person, I have many rides and like them all.

The CVT actually gets better gas mileage at 70 than at 50MPH too, how cool is that.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts