Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some chrome lens fog lights and got a wierd idea a couple of days later....i bought 2,4 inch blind spot mirrors,put extra 3M double sided tape on them and pressed them directly on the plastic covers until i heard a "pop" sound.I did that so more of the tape will touch the surface.Check it out!Let me know what you Cubers think....

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
That is pretty sweet! :eek: 8) :D

I like the fact that it is a mirror so the surface is nice and shiny and smooth. Looks like you might be starting a trend for the chrome lovers! :yes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
elDizzle_foShizzle said:
ghetto fabulous! :yes:
hahaha i was thinkin the same thing.

i like foglights for the light that comes out of them though. i laugh thinkin about the day you come out of the store and realize one fell off on the road.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ghetto!.yes,lol...i'll leave them on till i get my real halo/fog lights. But they actually look real cool in real life.Anyone know how to take the plastic pieces off without breaking them?

·
2,084 Posts
gCube said:
Reach up under that and pop them out - there are tabs at about 3 and 9 o clock I think...
When saying reach up under there, that also includes removing about 15 pop clips and a plastic shroud. I can tell you make sure you look at that big sheet of plastic when you take it off and orient it. I scratched my head for about 15 minutes trying to figure out which side was up down left or right. ??? It offers no obvious clues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Actually - again no need to remove it - just undo the far left / right and I could easily fit my arm up inside there to do the install and everything...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone else tried this since the thread was started? Thinking about running out and buying a couple of these at Wally World tomorrow...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I did that on my Honda Element when I first bought it. Some people put mirrors or yellow/white reflectors. After a while I just bought some $20-$30 fog lights that fit into the fog light hole. They looked factory and cost about $250 less!

·
Registered
981 Posts
i bought the stuff to do this, what do you mean by the pop sound? whats popping? plus i just put in a flathead screwdriver at 3oclock on the black thing and popped em right out. easy peasy.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The plastic insert is convex. I believe if you press hard on it the round part pops back making it concave, thus the sound.

Pejay66

·
Registered
981 Posts
ahh that makes sense, im thinking of just hot gluing it on there.

·
Registered
582 Posts
In thinking about this while it won't light the road it sure will look like it is a real light when oncoming cars approach you.

Pejay66

·
Registered
981 Posts
yeah, plus it covers those strange looking black covers.

·
Registered
981 Posts
well i got it, decided to use a sealent glue, and just glue gthe sucker on there, when i put them in though they feel loose, is that normal after removing it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts