Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right guys they are official and work!!! ;D not without some leg work done so we will have some for the cube.

wheel sizes that were fitted to the car are 16x8 +0 and 18x9.5 +35

the 18's have the same clearence next to the strut with the camber as they did without the camber shims in place.

i bought some xxr's for now since it has been a pita trying to find a good set of wheels in the offsets i wanted with our bastardized bolt pattern.

here are some pics
18x9.5 +35

16x8 +0

18" strut clearence

stock wheels with -3 degree camber

and the stance i am hoping to achieve 8)

so the camber shims i got are from realcamber.com they are for a scion xb there are some modifications that had to be made to fit, nothing big.

Dan is the guy you want to talk to and please let him know where you saw them.

Dan will be enlarging the abs sensor hole so they will fit the cube the only mod needed. everything bolts right up thread pitch and bolt length that was supplied also worked.

he is a stand up guy helping me out with this project!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you guys think that if I go with these -3* shims, my 15x7 wheels with a +15 offset with stock 195/60 Toyo's will clear the fenders if I lower it 1.75" with the Megan springs and have two adults in the back? I don't want any rubbing whatsoever. Of course, I'll get new struts later on if and when the stock ones give up the ghost.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should have no problem at all. i am not positive but with megan springs and stock camber you should have no problem with rubbing

for sure with the camber shims not a chance of rubbing

·
Registered
175 Posts
501 said:
you should have no problem at all. i am not positive but with megan springs and stock camber you should have no problem with rubbing

for sure with the camber shims not a chance of rubbing
I'd agree with this.. the 1.75" drop shouldn't be enough to cause any issues.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You guys sure about that? You did look at my pic above, right? The sidewalls do stick out a bit, and being lowered with people in the back, I'm just worried that the fenders would be rubbing on those sidewalls, especially going over bumps and such.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea... you probably have 3" of clearance there now, so dropping 1.75" is still going to leave you 1.25" of clearance. The Megan's are going to be stiffer and won't have as much travel as your stock springs...

·
Registered
44 Posts
alright I had to register here lol. as most have seen 501 is doing camber. and I am the one that is going to be selling it to the cube community hopefully. so now all the work is done on these(thanks Levi) I am ready to see how many people want them. I need to take these to the machine shop to have the center widened on them. so now I just need to know how many I need to take. the cost on these will be the same as the xb ones on my site realcamber.com. and once I get a button on there for you all that want some will just be able to order them by a click of the button. they sell for $160 shipped and paypal included.

·
Registered
657 Posts
ooh i guess im still going with my 18x9.5 so its gonna be like in the picture you have up there.

so its a little better then the 8in with 0 offset. thats just sickk crazy. lol but very nice!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
18x9.5 with about a 35 offset is perfect for the rear, looks really good...makes me want to still get the 18's myself

i cant wait to get the rest of my goodies here and get the cube sitting proper :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just a word to the wise. I dropped my car with the megan lowering springs and got 15x8 rims with a 0 offset running stock tires and my back tires do rub when i have ppl in the back, or under aggressive turning or huge bumps. I will be purchasing the -5 kit as soon as i hear back from mark

·
Registered
249 Posts
never owned a car that uses shims for camber adjustment, so forgive me...can i just get 2 sets of shims and have one with -3 or so degrees camber and another with oem camber and just swap back and forth when i take the wheels off for the winter?...if so, that would be awesome for me and my search for summer wheels

1 - 20 of 138 Posts