Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this done tonight :) sorry for the bad picts I will get more
Box fits flush and the seat is all the way back and reclined...The box is covered in Black suede

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the box and subs are in but the amps are not hooked up yet...I was going to mold them into the back panel in the hatch but starting to think differently because I opened the hatch one day when it was raining...all the water wants to come down the hatch....found something different....Has anyone checked out how much room is under the driver and pass chairs? OMG...Im putting my extra battery under the driver side and both amps under the pass side...You have about 8" of depth under each chair and the width of the chairs!!! Im going to run the ARC Mini 4 channel for the mids/highs(will give me about 500 watts to them) and a ARC KS1000.1 to the subs...about 350-400watts to each woofer....Bottom line I think the only thing to give us problems is the roof is going to move...I will prob take it down and put deading on it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks good. Do you have any pics of the box being built?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't take any pictures while building but I will say the box fits perfect....I could do a diagram if you like...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Looks great :)

If I do something like this, I will lower the top of the box & add a vented lid that would protect the speakers and allow you to have a completely flat floor... for loading stuff into the back :)

·
2,084 Posts
jasonbillups said:
Has anyone checked out how much room is under the driver and pass chairs? OMG...
Yup, I did. There is a huge amount of foam on the floor all around. I started investigating when I located the jack and tire iron in the floor. If you pulled all the foam out you would have 4 or more inches of floor depth. Probably hella road noise though.

Are you going to make a solid surface for use when carrying anything back there or is stowage out of the question?

Christine ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
none said:
Looks great :)

If I do something like this, I will lower the top of the box & add a vented lid that would protect the speakers and allow you to have a completely flat floor... for loading stuff into the back :)
Thanks I will get better picts this evening...When I built the top trim I also made a 3/4" piece that is cut around the woofers...So when I need to put in luggage then I just place it on top of the box...to get enough air for 3 12" woofers you can not drop it down(well you could but it would not be tuned the way I wanted it)...Internal depth is 8.5"

·
Registered
128 Posts
jasonbillups said:
I didn't take any pictures while building but I will say the box fits perfect....I could do a diagram if you like...
Yes please:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to hook my JL cleansweep into the stock head unit with a four channel amp and a mono amp into 2 12" subs. I had this setup in my Escalade with the stock speakers and head unit. There are like 5 plugs in the back of the stock Cube Krom head unit. I am assuming its for the steering controls, ipod adapter, bluetooth, rear sub, etc.

I believe I have selected the correct one to connect to but don't know which one is the power, remote, etc. Please tell me if i have the correct speaker colors: (from a 2007 versa)

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Brownish Orange (Thickest Wire)
Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Cyan
Radio Ground Wire: Black
Radio Illumination Wire: Orange
Radio Dimmer Wire: n/a
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Pink
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Green
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Red/Blue
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Red
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Purple
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Teal
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Gray

If you have a diagram that can help or a picture of the back of the stock headunit with the appropriate plug to use I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Joey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts