Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Cube SL arrived, no cargo cover - the thingie that hangs from hooks above the cargo area. Called dealer, said that it was not included on 2010s. No biggie, how much could it be, given that the Cargo Organizer is $180 - maybe $50? Went to a local dealer to order a bunch of accessories, and guess what? It's $239.06! I said no thanks, I could probably have one made at a trim shop for under $100.

This is really another $239.06 price increase on top of the $300+ price increase. What else is missing, I wonder?

Questions:

0. Did your 2010 have this, or is the dealer full of beans? All 2009s did. The hooks ARE there.

1. Do you have one from a 2009 you'll sell cheap?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No that's nuts. Sounds like he's talking about the flimsy piece of fabric that covers behind the back seats. I can't believe that it wouldn't be included.

·
Registered
179 Posts
armadillo said:
2010 Cube SL arrived, no cargo cover - the thingie that hangs from hooks above the cargo area. Called dealer, said that it was not included on 2010s.

1. Do you have one from a 2009 you'll sell cheap?
I'll give mine up for $199.00 and throw in the shipping! LOL! :D Sounds like BentoBox has you covered.. Pun Intended :yes: 8)

·
Registered
929 Posts
My cover is still in it's plastic bag, sitting in a closet. I see no real need for this item any way - don't stress about it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I conceal my AR with it. :eek: 8)

·
Registered
671 Posts
FWIW -- Anything at all that's not explicitly included at the specified trim level is usually extra cost. This isn't just Nissan. Cargo covers or protectors or organizers of any stripe can be expected to be additional charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I look at it like a hatchback car. It should come with something to cover what's in your trunk area. I haven't seen many cars that don't come with something to hide what's there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ever tried to SEE anything in the back of your cube, through the windows from outside? Don't sweat it...if your AR (15 I assume) is back there, NOBODY is going to see it. The back glass is completely vertical.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought it was only included in the interior design package? Anyway it is a flimsy pos that looks like junk anyway. looks like several people here will sell you thiers though :-D

·
Registered
929 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
The back glass is completely vertical.
I have to agree, with the seats up (how the cargo cover works) you can't see anything in the "trunk" area.

Armadillo, just go buy a $10 blanket. Problem solved (even with the seats down).

·
Registered
8 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
Ever tried to SEE anything in the back of your cube, through the windows from outside? Don't sweat it...if your AR (15 I assume) is back there, NOBODY is going to see it. The back glass is completely vertical.
That was actually the first thing I did because I use the back of my car all the time so I was worried about being able to see bags in the back. I threw my bags in the back at the dealership (I went there after work) to see how they fit and was surprised that I was able to see them well from the outside. I'm sure at night it would be tougher and also the bags I have to use are red so that probably plays a role as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'll give you mine for the shipping charge. You can email me with your address.

Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Prices at the Parts Counter can be ridiculous. I removed a taillight, and I noticed that the little internal clips that hold the center piece - with CUBE on it - looked pretty flimsy. I figured I'd get a couple of extras, just in case. The parts guy looked them up and was surprised at the price - $5 each! No sale!

Speaking of the tailight, did you know you have to remove the whole assembly to replace a bulb? That's 1950's technology. Removal isn't too bad, except for the last step. First you remove the center piece - with CUBE on it. Then you remove a screw. So far, so good. Then you have to pull the light out of the little socket that holds the outer end in place. Of course, my clip broke off. When I went to the dealer for a new one, he said there is no such part - just a whole new light assembly. Actually, there is a gray plug that fits into a U-shaped opening on the end of the light, and it broke when I pulled it out. I don't see how it couldn't break. The plug is such a tight fit in its socket, that it breaks away from the light when pulling it away from the body. Luckily, I kept the little part "that doesn't exist" - and I will use some clever engineering and JB Weld to repair it. Being able to replace the bulbs from inside the trunk area would have been much easier.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, lots of replies! I was afraid the dealer was BSing me, but no one with a 2010 replied saying they had one, so I guess I wasn't robbed. Every 2009 I look at had one in a plastic bag in the back, I think. Don't think it was model- or option-dependent. Still, the price for a piece of vinyl is robbery, considering the organizer is only $180.

I'll check out the offers from members, thanks a lot!

This dealer was also over list price on everything else. Told him the Nissan/cube web site had lower prices, and he said send him a pdf of the pages and he'd match the prices. Hmph. May just go somewhere else. This is the same place that was list price on the car or there's the door. I chose the door.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I only get parts from the dealer that I can't get online at a discount. I'm not sure who online discounts Nissan parts and accessories, but I would think someone does.

RichCa said:
I look at it like a hatchback car. It should come with something to cover what's in your trunk area. I haven't seen many cars that don't come with something to hide what's there.
It's usually a whole lot easier to see into the typical hatch area with the usual gently sloped down clear glass than the vertical privacy glass on the Cube. Also, the typical hatchback luggage cover doubles as a rear shelf -- it's rigid.

·
Registered
179 Posts
armadillo said:
I chose the door.
You chose wisely young Jedi Cuber. :yes: 8)

·
Registered
930 Posts
That is rediculous for a cargo cover that is just some bungees and cloth. It doesn't even like to stay up. I hope there will be a better cargo cover coming out or maybe i will have to rig something of my own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts