Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Nissan Cube in 12 Sept 09 in good faith. The car was already being manufactured for sale here in BC and I was told it would take a month for it to arrive. It has now been one week shy of 3 months and while I can understand delays in shipping what I am frustrated and angry over is how I've been treated by Nissan Canada. My car arrived in Vancouver over 3 weeks ago, I was informed it would be 2 days to a week for the car to arrive at the dealership. I then found out it would be a bit longer as Nissan Canada hasn't decided when they want to release the 2010's (I had no idea my sale could be contingent on their greed - the only reason not to release the 2010's is to sell more 2009's is my understanding). I have now been told several times it will be "any day" and then again on Tuesday I was told there are 4 consumers in the same boat as me, that the Sales Manager had insisted they Nissan Canada release the cars and that it would be at the lot within the next 24 to 48 hours. I confirmed the authorization for the release (an "is this really happening call" to my sales person) and was assured, the release was authorized and now I sit here Saturday "fuming" as I've just been told, no the release has not come through and I am to wait longer... I guess the economic downturn has not affected Nissan Canada as they can afford to anger their customers and lose sales (do they not "get" if they had what I wanted I would have bought it already). I really liked the cube, I think it's a funky car and I wanted to own one. I don't know if i can justify buying one from a company that has so little regard for it's customer. I feel like I'm being held hostage for the priviledge of buying this car when I thought I was actually a customer. :no:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Debby625....

I'm in the same boat, though I purchased my car much later than you. I was told to not expect it until January, December if we're really lucky. And yes, I was also told they are actually sitting in Vancouver, but that Nissan has not officially "released" the 2010s, and probably won't until the 2009s are sufficiently depleted.

If it's any consolation, my smart took 1 year to get.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess buying from another Province would be out of the question?...I say this cuz I got mine in Ontario and there are many Cubes in each dealership from what I see. 2010 not released yet in Canada. I got my car 3 days after signing. Must be a shortage in BC.

·
Registered
161 Posts
GCube....

I'm actually in Alberta. I mentioned Vancouver as all Cubes come in there regardless of province. There are apparently a bunch in the holding area there.

At my dealer they could not even look up inventory on the 2010s yet, as they only had 2009 as a possible option. Their system seems like an enhanced version of the online website, which also does not have the 2010 Cube on it. (The U.S. one does now though!)

Did you get the new radio? What's it like?

Dang

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the 2009 model. I have already made arrangements though to get swap my radio with the 2010 model when it comes in....I have to pay for it of course! I just prefer factory radio over aftermarket cuz I heard you can't use the ipod connection or auxilary input? But yeah, the 2010 models not out yet for purchasing...they want to sell of the 2009's!! to people like me! lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my 2009 cube last week, the rep told me that the 2010 cube will arrive before x'mas time. I m in ontario.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i don't know what nissan canada's problem is, i called them a few months ago and they said the 2010's won't be out until next year :roll: now they are here ?? there are still quite a few cubes on the lots here. hey debby625, maybe we should go and release your car
hope you get it soon and congrats :yes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
hana....

Well, keep in mind "next year" is only 23 days away, and they aren't here yet. :D

It's understandable really. As soon as the 2010s are out, no one is going to want to buy a 2009, unless it's at a nice discount. Realistically, it's the reason those of us that are waiting for 2010s are waiting instead of driving around in 2009 cubes. I could have driven away the day I put my deposit down in a 2009, but didn't want a car that would be perceived to be a "year older" three years down the road, even though in reality that 2009 might be newer than many 2010 cars on the road. (No offense to those that bought a 2009, you're driving a cube, and I'm not!)

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 2010 Nissan Cube - Finally Got it Today!

Nissan Canada has finally released my car and I am now in possession of a White 2010 Cube. There was a nice surprise - the 2010 comes with "blue tooth" phone system and the stereo controls on the steering wheel - I just traded in a Nissan Versa with Tech Package and was prepared to "miss" these accessories... So far, so good I"m liking it alot! ;D

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's great Debby!

There's hope for the rest of us.

What did you order? For 2009 you had to get the SL with the technology package to get steering wheel controls and bluetooth. (which also comes with the upgrade stereo speakers).

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the base model, 6 SP MT - only accessory is that I ordered the colour White. I was surprised the 2010 came with bluetooth and stereo controls on the steering wheel - the dealer said it was a "new" standard feature - I'm happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts