Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a used 2010 pearl white cube in 2013 it had 30k miles on it.
Now in 2020, it has just a little over 100k.

It is a 6 speed, I have had nothing major done on it, it's been fairly maintenance free except, just kept basic maintenance (oil, coolant, transmission fluid change)
The only major thing I had to do was change the lower control arms but got kinda duped by the dealer. They wanted $800 to change it, so I bought the control arms for like $50 and had it installed by a mechanic for $100. The mechanic told me it didn't need a change for another 20k. Dealers love having you fix stuff way early than usual to bring in the revenue. I don't go to the dealer anymore and studied everything I could about the cube.

I have done few mods.

1. changed the pulley to a lightweight custom made NST pulley ( slightly better throttle response)
2.J2 Catback exhaust ( originally had a Stillen axle back) the catback produced a little bit better HP
3. Takeda intake (have had injen intake which was the long tube and it wasn't carb approved since I'm in California) Takeda cube intake are carb approved and much easier to work with then Injen intake
4. Clazzio seat covers (makes the seats really nice)
5. ATI front grill
6. Daylight running lights
7. Changed to Amsoil 100% synthetic signature oil (good for 25K) I literally only change the oil only once a year their filter is good for 15k (one of the best things I've done for my car, runs smooth and feels like better HP) Remember most synthetics say pure synthetic, not 100% (Amsoil is one of the only 100% synthetics)
8. Another good mod was LED headlights
9. custom made strut bar and lower front and rear ultra racing under braces

If you have any questions let me know.........

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I recently changed my side marker lights to these dynamic LEDs with dark housing, This is my last modification. I am done, not interested in lowering the car that's about the only mod left. The car runs well. Maybe a tint job eventually on the front window

1 - 3 of 3 Posts