Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct section to ask, but my 2010 Cube makes an intense whining noise right when I start it up. And then gets quiet after a few seconds but is still present. It gets a little louder when accelerating. The sound seems to be coming from the engine area. I thought it could be a power steering issue because I had a Honda Civic make that sound before but upon further investigation the Cube doesn’t have a power steering fluid area. Also read it could be transmission or alternator but the alternator proves to be just fine. Any info can help! Please and thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct section to ask, but my 2010 Cube makes an intense whining noise right when I start it up. And then gets quiet after a few seconds but is still present. It gets a little louder when accelerating. The sound seems to be coming from the engine area. I thought it could be a power steering issue because I had a Honda Civic make that sound before but upon further investigation the Cube doesn’t have a power steering fluid area. Also read it could be transmission or alternator but the alternator proves to be just fine. Any info can help! Please and thank you!
Most likely 1of your accessories is failing. For example power steering, alternator, a/c compressor, idler pulley or tensioner pulley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You don't mention miles, as something could be at the point of failure. Power steering is electric, no reservoir to check/sealed, and can be a bit noisy. Could be alot of things.
If its something that is wearing out soon, not much you can do but to fix when it does. Do you have a trustworthy and reasonable mechanic? Doing a check-over is generally about 1/2 labor rate, and they can listen and advise if anything needs attention. I prefer dealer service, and have one I love - even for this Nissan. My local Nissan dealer charges $185 an hour, which I won't use. I don't trust them and they don't follow book rate on customer pay items.If you don't have someone you trust, ask all you know. A great shop that is honest and fair is worth their weight in gold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts