Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Cube came in. Gotta find time to pick it up in the next few days.

Some info. If you get the SL with the technology package, you now get the 4.3" colour display and the backup camera, simular to the U.S..

Price is only a couple hundred over the 2009, which considering you get the new radio is pretty good.

It sounds like the KROM is coming to Canada. (previously Canada only had the 1.8 S and the 1.8 SL) They didn't see any on the order sheet, but apparently they can order it now.

The website, etc., has not been updated yet.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hana...

I got a Platinum (Steel Gray to you U.S. folks), with the black interior. It's the SL with the tech package. (which now includes the 4.3" screen and the backup camera). I've ordered some bling from the U.S., because it's way cheaper than the Canadian dealers, and will be adding a whole whack of options myself. I already have the Injen intake on the way as well.

I'm in Calgary. I haven't actually got it yet :no:. It's sitting at the dealer, but I'm so busy at work, and with the holidays, I can't pick it up until Tuesday the 29th. Can't wait!

Not sure how accurate it is, but carcostcanada.com lists the Krom as $23,098. For comparison, the SL is $20,898. (The 2010's increased in price by only $200 compared to the 2009's). Personal preference of course, but I prefer the look of the non-Krom. I do like the Krom's rear end though. I might have to add just that part.

I was going to replace the radio with a Nav system, but now that it comes with the 4.3" screen and the backup camera, I'm not sure I'm going to. Instead, I'm thinking of adding this miror based nav.
http://www.directusnav.com/

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi TTT....

Not that long. I ordered it, I think November 18th. I was actually a bit annoyed on that. They had no 2010 information when I ordered, so didn't even know the price. My bill of sale was blank on the total and says "subject to price". They said they would contact me, maybe December, but more likely in January when they had more information on the 2010s. I heard nothing until they phoned on Dec. 16th and said "it's here, come pick it up". I would have thought at least they would have let me know once they had one coming, but didn't contact me at all until the vehicle was actually at the dealer. I would have got some things organized, like options I wanted, insurance, etc., if I'd known it was coming. I'm working so much I can't even pick it up until the 29th!

Still, less than a month from order to delivery. Hard to complain. Obviously they didn't build and ship one in that time, so it must have already existed. That backs up what my dealer told me that there are a bunch of 2010s sitting in Vancouver at the storage lot, and Nissan just doesn't want to release them until the 2009s are gone.

The website, brochures and the like "still" only list the 2009, so sounds like you might have to press to get a 2010, but I'll bet it won't take anywhere near 4 months to actually show up. Considering they expanded what's on the models (like the radio/backup cam on the SL), it's only $200 more, and it's perceived to be a year newer (even if it's really not), I think it's well worth getting a 2010, unless you can get a nice price reduction on a 2009.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats a great point on them sitting on a lot. My dealer is willing to order, just waiting on me to decide. I'm going to wait until after the new year and I find out about bonus/raise at work. If I can get the payments low enough on a decked out 2010 I will order one, otherwise I will get a 2009 and upgrade the stereo.

Did you get the Technology package upgade? And since you ordered do you have to pay MSRP? Or do you still not know the cost? Sounds like you have had a rough time with your dealer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did get the technology package, which now includes the 4.3" screen and the backup camera.

I paid MSRP, but got them to throw in a couple of accesories, but really it was pretty close to MSRP. There doesn't seem to be a massive markup on the cubes. Dealer cost is about $1,300 lower than MSRP, so not sure how much wiggle room there is. MSRP for the 2010 is $20,898, so exactly $200 more than the 2009.

Note that even if you get the S model, it sounds that that's been upgraded now. Debby625 got the Bluetooth phone interface on her base model. Still, if you can get a good deal on a 2009, that might be the way to go.

I'm perhaps being a bit hard on the dealer. It's not like they tricked me or anything, it's just I would preferred more notice it was going to show up so I could have arranged things instead of waiting two weeks to get it.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dang, I have the Platinum - Steel Grey with black interior and Tech package too! albeit a 2009 model

How much did the Tech Package cost? Cost me $800 in Ontario.

Is there a USB key in your cube? I am thinking of swapping my radio for the 2010 cube radio and was wondering if everything would work fine...thinking of the rear view cam too, but not sure. I know the radio will fit fine, but I am hoping it will be a plug and play scenario.

I prefer the stock nissan radio over the aftermarket, now that it has a 4.3" screen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GCube....

Sounds like we have mirrors of each other!

I haven't actually picked mine up yet. I'm doing that next Tuesday, so will check then on the USB.

I'm guessing the backup camera wouldn't be plug and play, as I assume there is video from the back to the front, but the rest may be.

Yeah, I'm not going to change it out either now. I bought an Azentek smart mirror that displays GPS.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I get energetic when I get my car next week, I'll take out the radio and detail what's back there. (on the new 4.3" one).

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well Dang, did you pick up the cube? And how are you liking it?

I find that my gas mileage sucks...it's usualy 10L/100KM. Nowadays with winter running like 10.5L/100Km, which I suppose is like 23 or 24 MPG.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did pick it up finally.

Actually I haven't driven it except from the dealer, so it's got 12km on it. Those 12km were fine. :(

It was a lot cheaper to order the accessories out of the U.S., but I hit a wire transfer problem (they lost it), so am still waiting for parts. I could probably drive it anyway, but wanted to do things like put snow tires, winter mats, etc. on it, and those haven't arrived yet.

As an aside, here it is 2010, and Nissan is STILL showing the 2009 cube as "new" on their site. Crazy.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not certain how exact it is, but carcostcanada.com lists the Krom as $23,098. For scrutiny, the SL is $20,898. (The 2010's augmented in price by exclusive $200 compared to the 2009's). Ain liking of teaching, but I favour the seem of the non-Krom. I do similar the Krom's back end though. I mightiness mortal to add honorable that air.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts