Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer told me that they don't handle heat / highway mileage very well. I love the car, but am at 122K now and am really torn as to whether or not to keep it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had a 2010 Cube and had to replace the tranny around 50k. Once they fixed it, no other problems. Recently we had an accident and it was totaled with 140k. We replaced it with a 2013 with a bad tranny, the price was right. It was under 60k mile but over the 5 year mark. Nissan corp was great and agreed to pay 80%.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't get an automatic and instead have the 6 speed 2010 cube currently with 87000 miles and no issues what so ever. I've heard of some mechanics won't even touch the CVT transmissions so you have to go to the dealer, I also know for a fact that Nissan Altima has the worst CVTs around. Recently Toyota has recalled their Toyota Corolla hatchback CVT's. I think I'll stick with manual for a while even tho it's getting tiring in LA traffic. I think CVT's are kinda of new and they have some kinks to work out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive on the hwy everyday , i have heard and experienced the over heating issues with the Auto Transmission. So i removed the old exhaust fan that sits on the outside that pulls the air away from the radiator that cools the transmission fluid. With two fans that i can turn on and off. The standard bumper as inner plastic coverings that i removed to expose as much of the raditor as possible so that plenty of air flow.
The car was designed for Japanese market. Not for USA and Australia . Where its bloody hot .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts