Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

I can’t figure this out.
I parked the car for the winter and when I put the battery back in the car last week it will crank but will not start. It ran perfect before I parked it.

I changed the cam and crank sensors. Reset the ECM. So far nothing. Fuel pump is priming. It just keeps cranking. I sprayed some starter fluid in there and it acts like it’s about to start but dies. I’m not sure what the problem is. I’m stuck on this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
UPDATES: So far I've taken the injectors out and tested each one and they are working fine. Coilpacks all work and give spark. I guess its time to check timing and see if its off. Injectors work during start up and there is spark. If timing is off that could stop it from starting...

This one is not easy. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It does sound like a timing chain issue. It could be a bad tensioner that has allowed the timing chain to slip. I've experienced this exact same issue (different car). While in the Navy, I drove from San Francisco to Wichita Kansas. The car ran great over the entire trip. I parked in front of my parents house and the next day went to leave and it would only crank over and not start. The chain had slipped and I had no time to fix it because I had to be in Norfolk Virginia in three days to report to my ship. My next stop, the Gun Line off the coast of Vietnam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts