Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good: brand new battery and starter

The bad: lights all come on and power gets to everything but it won't turn over at all

The ugly: All dashboard warning lights come on as the key goes to the on position and stay on. When I turn it to the ignition position, I hear a very faint clicking for less than a second, and then nothing. Lights stay on. Battery is pumping out 12.3 V. Ignition fuse is fine. Like I said, brand new starter motor installed two hours ago.

I'm at my wit's end. I'm going to dig out my code reader and see if the car is throwing any codes, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
686 Posts
It sounds like you have covered everything except the starter solenoid. Good luck in getting it started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sadly, for next, a new solenoid comes with a new starter motor; it's an all in one package. That's what makes this so frustrating.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is there any way that you can "bench test" the starter to make sure it actually works, Years ago I bought a rebuilt starter from Butler Auto that was defective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this car has a starter relay. Also, there are fuses in a small black box near the battery.
Double check for tight clean battery connectors.

QUOTE=Michael Beck;93669]The good: brand new battery and starter

The bad: lights all come on and power gets to everything but it won't turn over at all

The ugly: All dashboard warning lights come on as the key goes to the on position and stay on. When I turn it to the ignition position, I hear a very faint clicking for less than a second, and then nothing. Lights stay on. Battery is pumping out 12.3 V. Ignition fuse is fine. Like I said, brand new starter motor installed two hours ago.

I'm at my wit's end. I'm going to dig out my code reader and see if the car is throwing any codes, but in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
106 Posts
try checking the neutral safety switch, may need a replacement. Will the car start in a neutral position instead of park? Im assuming this is an automatic?
If the car starts in neutral then it is the neutral safety switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you find out? My daughters Cube won’t start intermittently. It has the smart key so we changed out the brake switch and had Nissan reflash the ECU. We took it to AAA, Firestone and Nissan and of course it starts up for them so they can’t replicate the intermittent start issue. The engine cranks but doesn’t start. So annoying! AAA and Firestone checked the entire starting system and couldn’t find issues. It has a new battery. I’m about to sell this POS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: car did not start so I put it in neutral as Speculator instructed. It started right up and has since started daily without issue! Thanks! I may have the neutral safety switch changes it has issues again. Daughter is very happy! So am I! Thanks Speculator!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts