Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the dinky Nissan $150 splash Gard's I found this. At Auto Zone for a mere $10, and protect the sides more. They are just plain flat black plastic mud Gard's. I am going to dress them up, with a visit to the local decal shop and have some Cube stickers made for the bottom. I used all stock holes no drilling required. Just remove the three pins for the fender well and use a two headed bolt (see pic).

Make sure you make some plastic washers to go between your fender metal.

I used two bolts and one longer push pin, that I got a Auto Zone each side.

·
Registered
929 Posts
That is an effective, low cost solution. Bravo!

For those who desire the more substantial Nissan guards, mine are up for sale for 1/2 of what Nissan wants.

·
2,084 Posts
It may not be to everyones liking, but is it effective?

Not everyone is looking for a perfect looking ride, some find practicality more important than image. Not everyone has the same intended purpose for there vehicle.

Adding color matched mud flaps to a farm truck makes no sense, if you get my drift.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks OK for the purpose.
If it does the job, that's all ya want.

Fair enough to.

·
Registered
194 Posts
OK...I have to apologize for my earlier comment. It does look functional and cost effective.
Most people don't even know it is there anyway so as long as it does it job, which I strongly believe it will, is all good.

I am interested to say what stickers/image you will put on them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Personally, I don't think I'd put anything on them.
Leave them plain and unobtrusive, you'd barely notice them.
It may be a bit hard to get a decal to adhere to them and keep looking good.

·
Registered
671 Posts
lance said:
Personally, I don't think I'd put anything on them.
Leave them plain and unobtrusive, you'd barely notice them.
It may be a bit hard to get a decal to adhere to them and keep looking good.
I totally agree, but if he does go for images, I vote for the reclining "nekkid" lady you sometimes see on truck mud flaps :p ;D!

·
Registered
16 Posts
May not suit the 'cube' image, but hey, they're a bit of fun, the 'cube' I mean.

240c should be able to get those ladies in cut stainless steel from most truckies spare parts outlets.
They're very popular over here. The 'ladies' I mean.
Or I could cut him some vinyl decals if he wants to try those.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said I live in OHIO. They don't plow they dump salt and gravel. If you all want to take the chance of your tire picking up a stones and hitting the sides, you keep your dunky painted splash Gard's. Its even better in the summer when they tar and stone the road insted of paving to save some money.

·
Registered
671 Posts
240c said:
Like I said I live in OHIO. They don't plow they dump salt and gravel. If you all want to take the chance of your tire picking up a stones and hitting the sides, you keep your dunky painted splash Gard's. Its even better in the summer when they tar and stone the road insted of paving to save some money.
Relax dude -- we're having fun at the expense of the decal possibility, not at your mudguards! We've already complimented what you accomplished (clearly, a nice bit of work and a clean result). Both varieties have their place :)!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Great job on the mud flaps, I am all for deals if I can find them and this is a great deal.... but I already have the OEM flaps which work for me, they came with my Cube but I do like these. Any other low cost mods you may have ideas for? .......

Maybe just put the word CUBE on them? or the famous BACK OFF! wording.... anyway great job there!

·
2,084 Posts
I am not sure how well the stocks work, I have sling allover the side of the cube. I guess those of you who don't have them must really hate the sling.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How have these mud flaps/guards protected the cube since you installed them? I'm thinking about going this route to get better coverage since I'll have aftermarket wheels with a smaller offset. I also think that the basic black flaps/guards are more stealth than the body-colored factory guards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts