Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2009 SL Steel Gray with the Preferred Option.

Thanks to all previous contributors - this forum was very helpful. My Cube journey was almost accidental. I was fortunate to rent one for a few weeks and learned how practical and functional it is. I was originally shopping for a Camry/Accord/Malibu. There were many great deals available on those cars, but they are very boring rides. As I looked at cars a little more expensive there was nothing that really interested me (Except, of course a replacement Audi A6 - a lot more expensive - which I really don't want to pay for at this moment.) As I looked at cheaper rides that could be fun (GTI, Fit, Matrix, CRV) or purely economical (Sentra, Civic). Nothing was of interest.

The Cube definitely has personality - and it grows on you very quickly. The CVT is great. The interior room is phenomenal. The seats are really comfortable. And the suspension is balanced for everyday comfortable driving. It is a tremendous value (I hope).

I still have not seen any Cubes on the road. Has anyone compiled statistics on where the Cubes in the US reside?

Bluebonnet

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the exact same cube. I bought it nine months ago, and have really enjoyed it. Still do.
If you stay around this forum long, you'll see, and hear of some pretty good idea's for upgrades, and modifications.
So far, I've done nothing radical [probably won't]. I have tinted the front side windows, added a strut tower stabilizer bar, and clazzio leather seat covers. Oh, and added the nissan sports horn. All of which I have had no regrets.
I also done some comparisons before buying the cube. The things that sold me were the roominess/good mpg's,
the uniqueness, the price for what you get, Nissan's track record for quality, the comfortable quiet ride.
The CVT took some getting used to, but now I prefer it over any other transmission option. There have been a few issues with the CVT, but it is not yet concluded that it is actually a CVT issue. The CVT's track record has shown to be more trouble free than conventional automatics. It is most likely going to be an electronic issue, and hopefully a simple fix. I and about four others are all I've heard of so far on this forum, and that is a small percentage. Mine was a one time issue [1000 miles ago], and has never reoccured. Mechanical issues usually don't just vanish, and not occur again.
At first, I did not see another cube on the road for two months. Now I see one every week [sometimes two].
I live in the Atlanta area.
Glad to have you on board, and enjoy your cube! ;D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Only for installing them ...... Eat your Wheaties! :yes:
There are some sheets of plastic included to use under the velcro surfaces when installing the rear seat covers. There is nothing said about them in the instructions, but if you don't use them, it is near impossibe to get them on the seats because the velcro sticks to the seat wherever it touches.
The quality is top notch :yes:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts