The dreaded P0463 code - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

The dreaded P0463 code

Hi, all, owner of a 2009 Nissan Cube Krom here.

So my Service Engine Soon light went on, and I had it diagnosed by a Dobb's Tire place. The code is P0463, which means I may need a fuel level sending unit. The replacement price, as quoted by the online site RepairPal, would be between $764-$1144. Ouch. The site then goes on to say this:

Can I drive with a fuel level sending unit problem?

The vehicle can be driven without the fuel gauge. Most people use the trip meter and fill up the gas tank every time they reach their preferred (sic) mileage.

So obviously I would prefer not to spend maybe $1000 on this repair. But how do I use the trip meter instead of a fuel gauge to figure out if I need gas?

BTW - the fuel gauge has acted up only twice, in as many days, way last November, when it suddenly read as if the car didn't have any gas. When I restarted the car, the gauge read fine. No problems since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

So...is this forum dead?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:43 PM

You can always fill your tank, and reset your trip odometer and then run it dry and make note of how far you were able to get on the tank (probably not too advisable- bad for the fuel pump) Best to just make a guesstimate on a half tank. If you know your tank takes so many gallons after a fill, reset your trip to zero, then after some driving fill up the tank again and you'll get a rough idea of how many miles/gallon your getting or ltr/100kms.
My 2009 cube has never accurately read a full tank (purchased used 4 years ago)- always has been an eighth of a tank short. I'd know that comfortably I'd get around 580kms/ tank if the odometer read more than that I'd fill up. Never did let it get beyond the last quarter.
Hope that information helps.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 01:21 AM

Get the NEW FUEL PUMP MODULE ASSEMBLY FOR 2009-2014 NISSAN CUBE 1.8L 170409EG0C from eBay. I paid $63 last year. Access the top of the tank through a cover under the back seat. Easy job. 1 to 2 hours depending on your skill level. My gas gauge works great now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page