09 nissan versa rotor will fit my 09 cube? - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

09 nissan versa rotor will fit my 09 cube?

I need to change brake pad when I change my cube's brake pad also want to change drilled rotors.
However If I could use with 09 nissan versa rotors, I could save $30-40 and more choice.
I'm so exciting this is my first time to DIY change brake pad also installed red brembo caliper cover, too.
I watched almost thousands clips on youtube "How to change disk brake pad" any advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 04:21 AM

Re: 09 nissan versa rotor will fit my 09 cube?

yeap rotors or pads will fit from either one (front)
i used pretty old school techniches so i dont really think they will be useful for you

keep plenny of rags to clean the excess fluid
use a second person to push the brake pedal while you purge any air out from the calipers

some guys get very handy and conect a little hose from the bleeder thru a empty water bottle to avoid any leakage of fluid
always triple check all bolts and take your sweet time doing this kind of mods

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM

I don't know which videos you watched, but be aware that all manufacturers don't use the same method/hardware. Some pistons simply get pushed back in, while others need to be screwed in. Some require a special tool to do this. This is my first Nissan, so I don't know which one they use. Will probably look today, because I won't be happy until I know. Thanks for that.

If you're just changing the rotors and pads there should be no fluid involved, unless you topped up the reservoir when the pads were worn. Then the level may be too high.

DO NOT WORK ON BRAKES WHILE VEHICLE IS ON A JACK! USE A JACKSTAND AND WHEEL CHOCK!

Have fun!

2010 Cube SL, Sapphire Blue Onyx

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 02:12 AM

yes versa and cube are pretty much the same brakes and suspesion am working on my brakes to maybe i can put the stock brembo kit from my old spec v

stillen short ram,cat back,OBX versa headers,NST pulley bully dog programer,50 shot of nos, mega lower springs,tokico hp struts,rota 15x8 wheels,8000k hids ,3000k for fog lights,yakima full bike rack and full oem lip kit,ati grill and much more ?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead
Some pistons simply get pushed back in, while others need to be screwed in. Some require a special tool to do this. This is my first Nissan, so I don't know which one they use. Will probably look today, because I won't be happy until I know. Thanks for that.
Oops, forgot to report back. They are the press in type pistons. You may need a clamp to reseat them, if they are stubborn.

2010 Cube SL, Sapphire Blue Onyx
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:15 PM

screw on are most on the rear ones i had a 97 maxima and the rear ones where screw on is a pain but i never seen them at front so dont worry

stillen short ram,cat back,OBX versa headers,NST pulley bully dog programer,50 shot of nos, mega lower springs,tokico hp struts,rota 15x8 wheels,8000k hids ,3000k for fog lights,yakima full bike rack and full oem lip kit,ati grill and much more ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page