best lowering spring and shock/strut combo for daily? - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

best lowering spring and shock/strut combo for daily?

Looking to up the handling of my cube a little, the body roll in corners gets to me sometimes. A family member used to have sportline eibach on the stock dampeners, which I found way too stiff and bouncy. Looking for a combo that will improve cornering but not full on kill the ride quality. I have done pro-kit and tokico hp on a previous vehicle and was happy with that setup , but that vehicle about 1000lbs lighter than the cube .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 07:43 AM

The story makes me very confused. You make it clear
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Any time you lower a vehicle you decrease the suspension travel on the compression side. I find the stock suspension already to be stiff and bouncy at times. That said, on past cars I have gone with the KYB AGX struts that are dampening adjustable. Then I think Tien might be one of the softer lowering springs so as not to offer a harsh ride.

With this all mentioned you should note that soft and comfortable are typically not synonymous with tight and cornering. The question you have to ask yourself is how often do you track or autocross the car versus running around town?

Decisions, decisions...
'74 Datsun 610 Wagon
'90 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Aztec Red
'97 Nissan 240SX SR-Turbo Obsidian Black
'03 Nissan 350Z Aero 6 Super Black
'09 Nissan GT-R Premium White Pearl #0064
'09 Nissan Cube S Ginormous Super Black
'05 Chevrolet Avalanche LT Super Black (daily driver)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page