US 2009 Factory Stereo Replacement - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

US 2009 Factory Stereo Replacement

I just replaced the Factory Stereo today with a Pioneer AVH-3100 (fits perfect) and found it quite easy!

For Removal of your Factory Stereo:
On the climate control trim piece there are two of those accessory hooks (they pop right out), snap those out and behind those are two phillips head screws, remove those then gently pull the trim piece off (should come off easy enough).

After pulling the first trim piece off there are two more screws (phillips) located near the top of where that trim piece was remove those and then pull off the trim surrounding the stereo, disconnect your hazard and airbag light plugs.

Now all that stands between you and getting that stereo out of your dash is 4 more phillips head screws and then 8 torx bit screws which hold on the mounting brackets. Remove the four screws facing you and it will pop right out.

I was informed by Morphix that a nissan versa wiring harness works and it does. I found my wiring harness at Best Buy for $21.00 (yeah probably paid too much). A note: You must make sure that the Wiring harness is for the 2007 and up, I had to speak with an installer at Best Buy to get this (he disappeared in the back and came out with one, I guess here they don't keep it out on the shelf).

Solder and Shrink your wiring and you should be done quickly, total installation only took 1.5 hours (note the learning process and wiring setup).

Additional Notes:
There is plenty of room in the dash too so if you are planning on getting a couple of accessory items such as XM, Bluetooth, there should be some room to tuck these items in the dash somewhere.
The stereo I installed was double din so I did not have to worry about adapter kits fortunately, and it would appear as though Pioneer has their newest line of DVD and Navigation units ready to dump right into this dash.

May your customizations be awesome and legal....at least at first glance.
Moshe

May your customizations always be awesome and legal...at least at first glance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM

Re: US 2009 Factory Stereo Replacement

here are some pic, I put in a versa dash kit this am:

When I can get a good price on a nav system I'll be putting that in.

Florida's 1st Cubist
1.8S CVT Bitter Chocolate w/ Ginormous Package
Pioneer AVIC-F700BT
18" HP Design FALKEN rims
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Here is the AVH-P3100 in the dash,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010493.jpg (740.4 KB, 471 views)

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM

nice!

ordered a AVIC-F700BT, think it will looks great as well.

Florida's 1st Cubist
1.8S CVT Bitter Chocolate w/ Ginormous Package
Pioneer AVIC-F700BT
18" HP Design FALKEN rims
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 03:08 PM

Very detailed instructions Moshe and thanks for sharing! Your replacement looks sweet!
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 AM

Where is the stock radio made? I was curious.
I really like the Pioneer system and how it offers a navigation system. Does it also have a back up camera? (of course to install it) and will you buy a push starter for it? That would be a cool idea.

FOR MORE CAR NEWS BESIDES CUBE, PLEASE GO TO www.THeCarNerds.com

: )
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

The Stock stereo for a 1.8 S is a Dongguan Clarion and is manufactured in China. I too would like to upgrade to a double din nav system...but considering the funds i just dropped on the cube, this model will have to do for a while. Holding off on the backup camera for a while. Haven't researched push start systems at all yet, I'm actually keeping my eye out for a Halo style HID headlight kit for my next installation

An additional note for all that are planning on installing an amp, there is a great access point through the fire wall on the drivers side wheel well. Pull the fasteners from the wheel well protective molding and you should notice a rubber plug up in there a bit (facing the wheel it would be in the upper right)...if you push on this it should pop out above where the cables for your hood and gas door release pass through the firewall. I had my brother feed the wire through this hole while i guided it through the insulation layer under the carpeting. If you are having a hard time finding the hole have someone use a flashlight on the wheel well side and try and move the carpeting. Used a hanger to get the wire down through the engine compartment. Once you're through the firewall....which always seems to be the hardest part the rest is pretty easy...all of the trim pieces pop off. I ended up running the wires all the way to the back and through the venting on the rear trim. I was able to run my remote wire up and over the glove compartment and down the side into the trim easy enough.

As for the rubber plug you pop out of the wall I just drilled an undersized hole in it and fed the power wire through it and then secured it with a bead of silicone.

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! I ran my remote wire on the right side (reduce interference). The only issue with this is that the rear washer fluid hose runs on this side almost exactly where you will lay your RCA's and Remote Wire...If you are using a hanger or any other item to snake your wire be extremely careful not to snag or puncture while installing!!!

The first picture sort of shows where the wire is coming through the firewall on the drivers side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010479 1.jpg (191.7 KB, 437 views)

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Showing general direction of routing the power wire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010481.jpg (126.1 KB, 414 views)

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Needed a straightened hanger wire to help route the wire down to the fire wall hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010482.jpg (75.6 KB, 396 views)

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Exit point of the wiring at the rear of the cube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1010485.jpg (89.4 KB, 430 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page