Stolen FOB -- 2019 Advice - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Stolen FOB -- 2019 Advice

Greetings,

I read some threads which were old enough to make me ask this question FRESH.

Okay, I was in San Francisco and learned I never should have brought a car. Within 30 minutes the car was broken into. And it wasn't me in a bad 'hood doing something stupid. San Francisco's #1 crime is vehicles being broken into. They had 36,000 in 2018. Next to nobody gets arrested.

Anyhow -- it wasn't my Cube. Buick Encore. I had a murse (male purse) tucked away but someone took it anyhow. Lost our second Cube fob. It's so that at anytime I could get into my wife's car.

I do not want to spend some fortune at the dealer just to have a backup fob. I'm seeing Amazon GIVING AWAY universal fobs. I don't need a FOB with an actual key for backup, so that should work.

My problem is this. My Drivers license was stolen as well. If someone were particularly nasty in San Fran they'd sell my Cube FOB and address. Mail the FOB to someone. They can steal my Cube if they wait long enough.

So the problem is I need to reprogram my wife's FOB and my new universal FOB to be the only working fobs. Is this making sense?

Do I follow those online instructions for resetting her fob? Or will it simply reset it to the same code, not solving my other problem?

HELP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in