Oil on spark plugs - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Oil on spark plugs

Ugh! When changing my daughter’s plugs, I noticed light oil on a couple of the plug threads. I had a shop replace the seal tubes and valve gasket. Car ran smooth before and after this repair. It has 92K miles. Recently got a SES P0300 misfire read. Took it back to the shop (I trust this shop) and they diagnosed it as oil infiltration from a different location. I can’t remember the technical description but they say that the repair is mostly labor and could be up to $2,000! They only charged $200 for the Seal Tubes and Valve Gasket. They’ve worked on all our cars for many years. So when they are talking about $2000, I believe them and am a little freaked out.

Is this a common issue on Cubes? The misfire is only at cold starts. Will a bottle of Lucas cure this 🙂. Man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:26 AM

My friend facing same issue but in his towing truck which he use for car and truck towing service in nyc, i ask to him that have problem solved or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page