P1421 Code? - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

P1421 Code?

I had the SES light come on then it went off the next day. I bought an OBD2, having troubles with the fleet, and I got a P1421. OBD2 and other places on the web didn't have this one listed for the cube. I found it for the Versa. Anyone have an idea before I check the dealer?

2009 Steel Gray Krom - Interior Designer Package - Krom Mirror Covers, DIY Krom Ripple Hooks, Alarm Impact Sensor, Dink Strut Tower Bar, Dink CAI, Clazzio Leather Skins from Bean

2005 Xb - 2003 F-350 PowerStroke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 AM

Re: P1421 Code?

Did you come up with air pump and secondary air pump?

The numbers for the error codes are universal, they are not vehicle specific. The same code for a BMW should be the same for the Cube thus the same problem if it is applicable to your vehicle.

You cant use a single set of wrenches on an "American made car" but the OBD should be the same for Domestic VS Forign. Go figure!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineK
You cant use a single set of wrenches on an "American made car" but the OBD should be the same for Domestic VS Forign. Go figure!
Speaking of wrenches, I've a pretty decent set of SAE and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever have a use for them again ! When it comes to automotives, it seems to be all metric these days. Still, I guess I'm covered .

PS. Sorry -- I guess that was kind of OT -- just struck me, you know ?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Found it. Cold Start Control - I rummaged around some other sites and confirmed with the dealer.
Possible Causes:
Lack of intake air volume
Fuel injection system
ECM

The code looks to be the same for Nissan and some others. Screwbaru, according to one site, referred to the air pump

I checked AF it was good. SOooo... next time it pops up off to the dealer. Thanks all.

2009 Steel Gray Krom - Interior Designer Package - Krom Mirror Covers, DIY Krom Ripple Hooks, Alarm Impact Sensor, Dink Strut Tower Bar, Dink CAI, Clazzio Leather Skins from Bean

2005 Xb - 2003 F-350 PowerStroke
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 PM

I came accross this same error code on my cube. My situation and solution can be read here: https://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/...p?topic=4626.0
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 AM

I've owned BMWs all my life, and enjoy maintaining mine myself...I hope I don't put anyone off by being a girl.

My 97 328i is giving a p1421 code and I can't narrow it down to what it is.

I've done most of the work on my car myself. I keep it nice, always do the oil changes, keep up with brakes, rotors, sensors, fluids and filters. My check engine light has always come on for a day, then off randomly since I've had this car. It could be months between times when it has done this, but the light always goes off. This time however, the light has remained on. I took it to auto-zone and they said it was reading a p1421 error code, but their computer system would not bring up that code for BMWs. I've been doing my research online for this code, but other people typically have this code in conjunction with other related codes, not just a single code of p1421.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, or what I need to check? Minor or major?

FYI- It has just hit the 100,000 mile mark.

I've replaced the oxygen sensors around the 75k mark, could they be bad already? I thought they were supposed to last about 100k...so I'm thinking thats not the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lella02
I've owned BMWs all my life, and enjoy maintaining mine myself...I hope I don't put anyone off by being a girl.

I've done most of the work on my car myself. I keep it nice, always do the oil changes, keep up with brakes, rotors, sensors, fluids and filters. My check engine light has always come on for a day, then off randomly since I've had this car. It could be months between times when it has done this, but the light always goes off. This time however, the light has remained on. I took it to auto-zone and they said it was reading a p1421 error code, but their computer system would not bring up that code for BMWs. I've been doing my research online for this code, but other people typically have this code in conjunction with other related codes, not just a single code of p1421.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, or what I need to check? Minor or major?

I've replaced the oxygen sensors around the 75k mark, could they be bad already? I thought they were supposed to last about 100k...so I'm thinking thats not the problem.
if the first numeric digit is not a 0, it's a code that is specific to the manufacterer. So nissan code may be different than bmw.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepforwheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lella02

if the first numeric digit is not a 0, it's a code that is specific to the manufacterer. So nissan code may be different than bmw.
Check engine code are universal. So it can be any cars from any brand and a, let say P0123 for exemple check engine code will be the same trouble for all cars.

Nissan driver since 2003!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 02:08 PM

just took mine in to Auto Zone to be scanned since that light came on again and this is the same code I got.
I REALLY dont want to have to take it back to pohanka nissan, their Ripoffs!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 05:03 PM

I found my Nissan Cube does this when I let it warm up in the winter. If I clear the code, and don't let it warm up before driving it in the winter the error doesn't return. As soon as I let it warm up, the error comes back. I replicated this a few times.
My theory is that the controller is expecting the timing to be within a certain range after a few minutes. By letting it idle on cold mornings, it doesn't meet this timing and errors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in