Warrantee replaced CVT doing the high speed slip. - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Warrantee replaced CVT doing the high speed slip.

Hey all,
I got the original CVT warrantee replaced on my 2009 due to a highway speed slip condition that would occur after about an hour of highway driving. That was at 83k in 2014. I was told that Nissan had upgraded the replacement transmissions to be more robust. Now at 126k, its doing it again. It's most noticeable when slowing down slightly from highway speed and then re accelerating. The RPMs jump for a second before the transmission finally catches with a jerk feeling. It happens after about an hour of highway speed driving.
I know at 126k I am out of original extended warrantee, but I wanted to know weather anyone else had this problem with their replacement CVT?
Does the dealer replacement trans have a warrantee too? The CVT has been the only major issue I have ever had with it, otherwise with normal maintenance, the rest of the car has been very reliable.
On a side note, I seem to remember that there was a "commercial" version of the cube that was mentioned in Nissan literature that was offered with a standard "geared" auto trans. I wonder if any of those commercial auto trans are available and would swap easily into a CVT cube?
I would happily give up a few MPGs to be rid of this awful CVT technology in an otherwise fine little car.
kaosprods

2009 Moss Green cube S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Any thoughts.....Anybody??
Kaosprods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page