Heater Blower Motor quit working AGAIN!! At home fix... - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Heater Blower Motor quit working AGAIN!! At home fix...

So the Cube is a great little car, but we all know it has a few weak spots. Leaky rear hatch, tranny issues on early models, heater control module pieces snapping off and the blower motor completely stops working. I drive a 2010 cube daily and before that, I drove a different 2010 cube. I have dealt with all of the above mentioned issues. Moving on. If you live somewhere there is snow in the winter and you drive a cube, chances are one day this problem will come up. So, if you turn on the heat and get no response,no air flow, nothing, try this. Take off your glove box, unplug the blower motor, depress the tab on the top of it and turn it clockwise,pulling it out at the same time. Chances are good that when it first comes out it will not spin freely. Spin it around to free it up, shake it to hear if anything rattles around. If you can, take the blower motor inside to warm it up. The problem may just be ice inside the housing. As much as I love my cube, the design is such that water (melting snow) somehow gets inside the blower motor, freezes up and when you go to turn it on, it gets seized up,blows fuses and will not work. After freeing up and thawing the blower motor, re-install it and replace your fuses. Hopefully now it works for you. The dealership will want to replace the blower motor and the resistor at over $1000 for diagnosing,parts and labor. Hope this helps save someone a bit of time and money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubeproblems For This Useful Post:
guy (02-10-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page