CVT Transmission Warranty - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation CVT Transmission Warranty

Hello! So I've been in touch with my Nissan dealer about my trani warranty, and luckily they'll still cover it even though I'm not the original owner. The problem is, every time I go in there to have them look at it, they always come up with some BS excuse to not replace it. I could tell the day I bought it at 83k that the thing was surging and didn't seem right. So now I'm questioning everything they say because I assume they don't want to replace it.

The most recent visit, they said the mechanics said the fluid was burnt, and if I didn't spend the $250 to do the flush, that the warranty would be possibly be voided if it went out. Is there any truth to this? Unfortunately I don't know what the maintenance history has been on the car, so it makes sense that this would need to be done, but ugh... I've already spent over $1300 on this freakin' thing.

If I wasn't a 6'2" chick that fell in love with Cube's the second I sat in one, I never would've bought this car. There are SO MANY ISSUES with it. So for my second round of questions, can anyone tell me if they have suggestions on this? Every time I hit a bump, it sounds like nothing is supporting the car, it CLUNKS. I just had the RF control arm/ball joint replaced, the LF isn't loose, and I have no idea where the struts are at. So should I assume it's the struts? Maybe there's a loose sway bar link? My boyfriend is a mechanic and refuses to touch the 'ugly thing', so any suggestions? It has 94k on it now after almost a year of owning it and the majority of those miles were put on the highway.

Bottom line, I love this car. It completely suits me, but when do I draw the line at spending money on it and just get rid of it? Sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Burnt? Show them you know how to cut through the BS. Ask them what is the Consult reading on the CVT fluid?

From the service manual, "replace the fluid every 60,000 miles or request the dealer to inspect the fluid deterioration data using a Consult. If the deterioration data is more than 210000, replace the CVT fluid....Use only Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2."

Most likely it is time for new struts and shocks. It's a maintenance item. A mechanic can easily confirm while looking under the car.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:07 PM

Is there another Nissan dealer Close by... maybe try your luck some where else...it should be covered....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page