Z11 Front fogs using factory wiring and modified stalk - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Z11 Front fogs using factory wiring and modified stalk

Hi all, Newbie here, old hot rodder at heart. I searched and couldn't find anything online about adding front fogs, using all the original factory wiring that is just sitting there, unused (thanks Nissan) and modifying the stalk to add a on/off switch. All the options I found dictated that you have to change the stalk, so apologies if this has already been covered.

So the Z11 (2003) I was working on needed a new bumper and the replacement I found had the fogs, I discovered the connectors taped up, unused on the loom behind the bumper.

This traced back to fuse and relay in the fusebox (white in colour, to the right of the battery) again all ready to be used.

So I took the stalk apart...

Attachment 5130

Attachment 5138

reverse engineered the circuit.

Attachment 5146

added a general purpose rectifier diode (1n4001) and some two wires for the switch.

Attachment 5154

Attachment 5162

drilled a hole in the stalk cover for the wires

Attachment 5170

and attached them to a switch on the dash.

Attachment 5178

Attachment 5186

Works a treat, operating the switch turns on side lights and the fogs together as shown below.

Attachment 5194

I hope this helps some of you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page