2010 Cube wont start...Please help - Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

2010 Cube wont start...Please help

Hey guys. In needs of desperate help. drove my car just yesterday and parked it at 10pm woke up this morning at tried to start it at 7am and NOTHING. No lights no dash lights no power what so ever. Checked the battery its good changed the batteries in the key fobs and still nothing. When I put the car battery back in the car after checking it the horn is going off like crazy as if the alarm is tripped but I cannot turn it off. It seems like the car is in anti theft mode or something. It has been totally fine with no issues what so ever.

The dealer wants $320 just to look at it. they want 2 hours of labor upfront for electrical issues. At this point I dont think I can even shift the car into neutral to get it towed. Please help any advice would be helpful im at a total loss the car has 102,000 miles and is paid off i dont wanna get rid of it. What could the issue be

2010 Cube SL - Steel Grey

DDM Tunning 6000k HID // Enkei EV5 Hyper Black // Eibach Sportline // Yakima Rook Rack // AVS Vent Shades // ATI Grille // Tint // Stillen Exhaust // K&N Intake // DeBadged Cube // Custom Nissan Black Logo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 01:23 PM
rwb

Is the battery in the fob good?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

yes replaced both key fob batteries the amber light on the key fob lights up everytime i hit the button but thats normal right?

DDM Tunning 6000k HID // Enkei EV5 Hyper Black // Eibach Sportline // Yakima Rook Rack // AVS Vent Shades // ATI Grille // Tint // Stillen Exhaust // K&N Intake // DeBadged Cube // Custom Nissan Black Logo

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I also do not have a push button start i have a actual key when I put the key in and turn it to the acc mode the horn does not stop beeping and there are ZERO light on the dash its like the key is not in the ignition. I heard of people having the steering wheel lock issue but is that only on push button start cars?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 06:11 PM
rwb

Try your other key? You might also disconnect the battery, put the key in the ignition and turn it on before you connect the battery. Though now I'm just guessing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
Try your other key? You might also disconnect the battery, put the key in the ignition and turn it on before you connect the battery. Though now I'm just guessing.
I saw that answer before. I did try the other key no go. I even put the key in the ignition and turn it on before I connect the battery. The moment I reconnect the battery the horn is still going off! and there is still zero lights on the dash. I am so frustrated. Gonna look for the horn fuse in the engine fuse box and pull it so I can try to diagnose further without the horn going crazy and the neighbors thinking I am stealing the car

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 08:43 PM

How old is the car battery? How did you test it? You may try leaving the battery disconnected overnight to allow any capacitors to fully discharge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014S, (Previously a 2010 6sp, and 2013cvt) All red exterior
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 PM

We are having the identical issue - any answer to yours?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 12:31 AM

I read on another forum, it could be your brake light switch. It is a black plastic body with a white movable post that connects under the steering wheel area above the brake pedal. If this switch is jammed or needs replacing, you can't start your car because this switch is stuck or broken. So, like most every car, you have to depress the brake pedal before starting the car. If you don't, the car won't start.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

It ended up that what was causing the issue was my HID lights. Once I disconnected them the car started right up

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page